Performance Management & Appraisal Skills Training Course
Our one day Performance Management and Appraisal Skills Training Course will help you to drive team performance and motivation.
This performance management and appraisal skills training course we will look at the skills and behaviours necessary to carry out an effective performance management and appraisal discussion.
Those who attend this Performance Management and Appraisal Skills Training Course will:
- Understand the different uses of performance management and appraisal processes
- The benefits of conducting effective performance management reviews and appraisals
- The skills required to conduct effective performance management reviews and appraisals
- Setting and agreeing SMART objectives.
Here’s what we cover in our Performance Management and Appraisal Skills Training Course:
What are Performance Management Reviews and Appraisals?
- What is a performance management review and an appraisal?
- Why should we do them?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the Manager’s responsibilities during the process and meetings?
- What skills and behaviours are necessary to conduct them effectively?
Conducting a Performance Management Review or Appraisal
- Why prepare?
- How to effectively prepare for an effective discussion
- What information to gather and bring with you
Setting and Agreeing Objectives
- Why set objectives?
- What kind of objectives to set
- Using SMART objectives
- Where does feedback fit?
- How to give effective feedback
- What happens when feedback goes wrong
- How to discuss those difficult topics
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Easy to follow and provided a clear structure of how to do an Appraisal. Realised how under prepared I was going into Appraisals
-S Bingham, Bradley Environmental – 20th May 2015 – Appraisal Skills Training Course
I haven’t done an Appraisal yet, but I now know what they should be used for and how to get the best out of people during them. Really good course
-T Elliot , Bradley Environmental – 13th May 2015 – Appraisal Skills Training Course
Excellent presentation, lots of interesting topics and the presenter very informative
-P Bason, Whitechapel Centre Liverpool – 26th November 2014 – Appraisal Skills Training Course