Our one day Assertiveness Skills Training Course in London will help you to communicate more confidently.
Our one day Assertiveness Skills Training Course in London will provide lots of tips and ideas to help you to communicate with confidence in both work and general situations.
Discover how to make simple changes to your language and overall communication style that will have a positive impact on others.
Our Assertiveness Skills Training Course is delivered as an open course in London. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to try the skills needed to be more assertive.
- 1 Delegate – £249.00 + VAT
- 2 Delegates – £236.55 + VAT per delegate
- 3+ Delegates – £211.65 + VAT per delegate
Includes lunch, refreshments and a delegate workbook to take away.
Time: Courses run 9.30am until 4.30pm.
Venue: Courses run from ETC Venues Moorgate in London.
To book, click on a date below, select the number of spaces then click Add to Booking
You won’t be asked to make payment now. We’ll send an invoice to you around 14 days before the course date.
In this Assertiveness Skills Training Course we aim to provide those that attend with the skills and approaches to communicate more confidently with others.
By understanding how to control emotions, attendees will understand how to have controlled conversations, demonstrate confidence and use these skills to build more effective relationships.
Along side this, the course will introduce practical tips and techniques to help build confidence and self-esteem. You will be able to share your experiences with others, learn more about your individual communication style and that of others to help you deal with and reduce conflict. You will also have plenty of opportunity to practice the skills in a safe and controlled environment.
Those who attend this Assertiveness Skills Training Course in London will:
- Be able to recognise Aggressive, Passive and Assertive behaviour
- Understand where being assertive fits into your basic rights
- Know how to adopt their style based on the situation they are in
- Have the confidence to challenge, push back, say no and ask for what they want without damaging relationships they have with others
- Know how to deal with confrontation and challenges in a confident manner
- Be able to apply the skills necessary to be more assertive
Here’s what we cover in our Assertiveness Skills Training Course:
What is Assertiveness?
- An introduction to what Assertiveness is and what it means
- Why be assertive?
Aggressive and Passive Behaviours
- Understanding what assertiveness is not
- Looking at gut reactions and controlled reactions
- Understanding the link between these behaviours
- Body language, language and words associated with assertiveness
- How to use different assertive skills and behavious and how to adapt them to different situations
- How to demonstrate confident communication
- Using controlled responses and not a gut reaction
Assertiveness and Relationships with others
- Understanding where gut reactions and unconscious reactions come from
- Understanding how our reactions can drive aggressive and passive behaviours in others
- Looking at your own style of communication and that of others to understand how to reduce conflict
- Asking for what you need and want with confidence
- Dealing with confrontation and challenges
Different Ways of Being Assertive
- Bill of rights – What is this and what does it mean?
- Broken Record
- I statements
- Power Words
- Giving feedback
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
We can deliver this assertiveness skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people at your organisation in London.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having an assertiveness skills training course delivered in London, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Excellent assertiveness course
This was quite possibly one of the most useful courses I’ve attended in a number of years. I was able to take several practical tools that I learnt from the course that I’ll be able to apply next time I need to be assertive.
The group was very small so our trainer Lynne was able to tailor the course to our individual needs and circumstances, while also giving us the opportunity to work on theoretical exercises.
Assertiveness Training Course
Our course with Lyndsey was fantastic. The course was so much more useful and fascinating than I could have imagined; and the trainer Lyndsey tailored it specifically for my needs. I absolutely would recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn useful techniques and methods to be more assertive. Thanks again.
Review Solvay for RLD.
Great atmosphere and both instructors Lynne/Andrew were very engaging and knowledgeable. Would recommend them and the company to others.
Took a Lot Away
I didn’t think this course would help as I thought I was already assertive, but I was wrong.
The course opened my eyes to what it really meant to be assertive and the tools we looked at were really easy to follow and easy to implement. I’ve already used some of these with instant results.
Lynne the trainer was amazing. The course was really engaging and the fact that there was no PowerPoint was surprising but made the course really engaging.
Thanks Lynne and thanks Revolution.
This was a great course with a great trainer. I look forward to trying out some of the skills from the day.
The venue was great, the food was lovely and the trainer was superb.