In this Communication Skills Training Course in Rugby we look at the different methods of communication, how you can select the best method, as well as using the Transactional Analysis theory to understand how you should communicate more effectively.
Communication isn’t just about selecting the right tool. The way you portray yourself across different communication channels is also important, and in this session we look at the behaviours required to demonstrate effective communication.
The course will provide lots of tips and ideas to help you adapt your style of communication to get your message across to others. We'll show you how to build better relationships and use a range of communication methods.
By attending this Communication Skills training course you will:
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of communication available
- Know why choosing the correct method of communication for the message is vitally important
- Know why communication breaks down, and the skills required to ensure communication is effective
- Be able to demonstrate reactions and behaviours associated with communication.
Communication Skills Tip
We use our body language, voice and choice of words to communicate and we need to be aware of all 3 of them to ensure our message is received and understood
Here's what we cover in our Communication Skills training course in Rugby
Here's what we cover in our Communication Training Course
:Why Improve Communication Skills
Methods of Communication
- Looking at why it is important to improve/change the way you communicate in life and in business
- What are the different methods or channels of communication available to you
- What are the pro’s and cons of each method
- How to choose the best method for what you want to communicate
- What are the skills required to communicate effectively?
- What to consider when communicating
- The Communication Cycle
- Questioning and Listening
- What are the common barriers that stop communication from being effective?
- How to spot a barrier
- How to reduce the impact the barrier has on communication or, better still, remove the barrier altogether
- Understanding Transactional Analysis and how to use it to communicate more effectively
- How to structure a meeting to best get your message across
- Dealing with different behaviours in meeting.
When you have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Download the Course Brochure
Download a copy of our Communication Skills training course brochure below.
Who Delivers Your Communication Skills Training Courses?
Our Communication Skills courses are delivered by our friendly and highly experienced trainers. We live and breathe what we talk about in these sessions as we use most of the tools and techniques ourselves on a daily bases and bring this real-world experience into the session and the examples that we use.
What Do Your Mean By Different Channels of Communication?
A communication channel is a method that you can use to communicate, for example face to face, telephone, email, instant messenger etc.The course looks at a whole host of different methods and which channels are best for different types of messages.
I've Been Told I'm Too Aggressive/Pushy/Timid When I Communicate. Will This Course Help?
It will. We look at the impact your communication style has on others (or how it is perceived) and why this might be perceived as pushy/aggressive/timid etc. We'll help you to understand how you can adapt and change your style to change that perception. If you have had this kind of feedback, you might also find our Assertiveness Skills Training Course beneficial to attend too.
What Approaches Do You Use To help Improve Communication?
We look at personality and communication styles and we also use the Transaction Analysis theory. While we describe this as theory, the session is actually more practical than theory based.
Do You Have Any Communication Skills Articles I Can Read?
Yes. We have lots of articles about communication in the communication section of our blog.
Our Communication Skills training course is delivered in-person at venues across the UK. We deliver the course in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Reading, Sheffield and Southampton.
The cost of our in-person courses includes delegate materials, refreshments throughout the day and lunch.
Our Online Communication Skills course is an interactive live virtual course. The content remains the same but the delivery and approach has been re-imagined for the virtual environment. Our online training courses are delivered by Zoom.
We can also deliver this Communication Skills training course just for your organisation. We can do this in-person at your office or a location of your choice or as a live virtual training course. We can deliver this via Zoom, Teams, Webex or any other platform that you are currently using and comfortable with.
Here are the most recent reviews that have been left for our Communication Skills Training Course. If you would like to see more detailed reviews then please get in touch and we can pull some data from our course evaluations together for you.
See All Reviews