The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on 25 May 2018. It's a new privacy law that regulates the processing of personal data relating to individuals in the European Union.
GDPR strengthens the rights that individuals have regarding their personal data, and seeks to unify data protection laws across Europe.
At Revolution Learning and Development, we've been working to ensure that we are compliant with this new regulation.
For our clients, GDPR means you are be able to:
- Ask for a copy of the personal data we’ve collected about you.
- Ask for a copy of the personal data you provided for our products and services.
- Request that we stop sending you direct marketing messages.
- Ask that we stop using your personal data for certain purposes, or for a period of time.
- Ask that we amend or delete your personal data.
- If we ask for consent to process your personal data, you can later withdraw your consent.
In order to meet these standard, we've reviewed our some of our processes and policies. In short, we've:
- Added the functionality to allow registered users to easily download the information we hold about them
- Added the functionality to allow registered users to delete their personal data (right to be forgotten)
- Added consent checkboxes to our contact forms and course booking form
- Reviewed our mailing list and removed any contacts that we believe are not GDPR compliant (used implied consent).
We'll continue to monitor these changes and ensure that we are remaining compliant as well as making it even easier to manage the information that we hold about you,