Interviewing Skills Training Course
Our one day Interviewing Skills training course will help you to get the right person for the job by providing a range of skills and techniques to carry out effective interviews.
This Interviewing Skills Training Course looks at the skills and approaches necessary to plan for and carry out an effective interview, ensuring you get the right person every time.
Failings in the recruitment and selection process can do serious damage. On average, it costs over £6000 to recruit and train the right person for each role in the business and having to re-spend this because the wrong person has been picked will be very costly.
Those who attend this Interviewing Skills Training Course will:
- Know what the required skills are to carry out an effective interview
- Be able to plan and prepare for an interview
- Be able to give the right first impression to candidates
- Know what questions to ask and how to record the answers
- Understand what to avoid asking during the interview
- Know how to choose the right person for the job
What is the purpose of an Interview?
- Why do organisations spend time interviewing people?
- Agreeing success criteria and what you want from candidates
- Writing interview questions
- Interview Logistics
- Meeting and Greeting the candidate
- Making the candidate feel at ease
- Asking questions and probing further
- Effective communication during the interview
- Listening and recording accurate information
What you can and can’t ask
- Legislation covering hiring staff
- What you can ask, should avoid asking and never ask
Choosing the right candidate
- How to come to a conclusion when picking the right person
- An opportunity to carry out some mock interviews