This Interviewing Skills Training Course will show those that attend how to conduct effective interviews to pick the best people for the job in their business.
This interviewing skills training course is available as an in-house course, delivered at your business anywhere in the UK.
You will find out how to prepare effective interview questions and selection criteria and how to structure an interview.
This Interviewing Skills Training Course looks at the skills and approaches necessary to plan for and carry out an effective interview, ensuring you get the right person every time.
Failings in the recruitment and selection process can do serious damage. On average, it costs over £6000 to recruit and train the right person for each role in the business and having to re-spend this because the wrong person has been picked will be very costly.
Those who attend this Interviewing Skills Training Course will:
- Know what the required skills are to carry out an effective interview
- Be able to plan and prepare for an interview
- Be able to right first impressions to candidates
- Know what questions to ask and how to record the answers
- Understand what to avoid asking during the interview
- Know how to choose the right person for the job
What is the purpose of an Interview?
- Why do organisations spend time interviewing people?
- Agreeing success criteria and what you want from candidates
- Writing interview questions
- Interview Logistics
- Meeting and Greeting the candidate
- Making the candidate feel at ease
- Asking questions and probing further
- Effective communication during the interview
- Listening and recording accurate information
What you can and can’t ask
- Legislation covering hiring staff
- What you can ask, should avoid asking and never ask
Choosing the right candidate
- How to come to a conclusion when picking the right person
- An opportunity to carry out some mock interviews
We can deliver our interviewing skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The interviewing skills training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand-picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having an interviewing skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively, you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Interviewing Skills Training Course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
There is no current review to show.