Managing Conflict Training Course
Our one day Managing Conflict training course will provide a toolkit to proactively avoid and manage conflict in the workplace.
This Managing Conflict Training Course will provide managers and leaders with the skills and tools to manage conflict in the workplace.
The workshop investigates some of the common causes of conflict in the workplace and the types of conflict you may need to manage. It looks at a range of tools to help with managing conflict and ways to be more proactive to avoid conflict in the first place.
Those who attend this Managing Conflict Training Course will:
- Be able to describe what conflict is and the typical causes of it
- Understand the impact that conflict has on team performance and morale
- Know a range of approaches to manage conflict and define their own current style and approach
- Have developed their own toolkit to draw on to manage conflict
- Have strategies to proactively identify conflict situations and address them before conflict occurs
Here’s what we cover in our Managing Conflict Training Course:
What is Conflict
- Defining conflict – what is it/what does it look like?
- What do we find difficult about dealing with conflict?
- What are the common causes of conflict in the workplace?
- What do you do now?
Why Deal with It?
- What’s the impact on the individual, team and business of conflict?
- What are the benefits of dealing with conflict?
- What happens of you do nothing
- What happens if it isn’t handled well?
Conflict Resolution Styles
- Your current conflict resolution style (Thomas Kilman)
- The different styles of conflict
- Hot conflict/Cold conflict
Managing Conflict Toolkit
- Further use of Kilmans Conflict Mode Instrument
- Interest-Based Relational Approach
- OK Corral
- Influencing skills
- Mediation skills
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Having difficult conversations
- How to spot potential conflict
- Dealing with conflict proactively
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.