Mentoring Skills Training Course
Our one day Mentoring Skills training course will give delegates information and tips for developing and managing the mentor/mentee relationship.
The aim of this session is to give delegates information and tips for developing and managing the mentor/mentee relationship.
Those who attend this Mentoring Skills Training Course will:
- Have defined mentoring and coaching
- Know the benefits of mentoring to all parties concerned
- Be able to demonstrate use of appropriate language in mentoring
- Have considered different approaches when mentoring
- Have learnt/revisited and practised a coaching model
- Have considered issues of confidentiality in a mentoring relationship.
What is Mentoring?
- Defining what is meant by mentoring
- The differences between mentoring, coaching and training
- What are the benefits of mentoring?
- What are the skills required to be an effective mentor?
- How can you develop these skills?
The Mentoring Relationship
- Setting up the mentoring relationship
- Setting expectations
- The responsibilities of the mentor and the mentee
- Preparing and holding an effective mentor/mentee meeting
- Understanding learning styles to get the best from people
- How to identify the styles
Questioning and Listening
- Why effective questioning and listening play a key part
- Asking effective questions
- Listening to responses
An opportunity to practice the skills.