Online Assertiveness Skills Training Course
Our one day online Assertiveness Skills training course will provide skills and a toolkit to help you to communicate with confidence.
The aim of this Online Assertiveness Skills Training Course is to provide those that attend with the skills and approaches to communicate more confidently with others.
By understanding how to control emotions, attendees will understand how to have controlled conversations, demonstrate confidence and use these skills to build more effective relationships.
Along side this, the course will introduce practical tips and techniques to help build confidence and self-esteem. You will be able to share your experiences with others, learn more about your individual communication style and that of others to help you deal with and reduce conflict. You will also have plenty of opportunity to practice the skills in a safe and controlled environment.
Those who attend this Assertiveness Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to recognise Aggressive, Passive and Assertive behaviour
- Understand where being assertive fits into your basic rights
- Know how to adapt their style based on the situation they are in
- Have the confidence to challenge, push back, say no and ask for what they want without damaging relationships they have with others
- Know how to deal with confrontation and challenges in a confident manner
- Be able to apply the skills necessary to be more assertive
Here’s what we cover in our Online Assertiveness Skills Training Course:
What is Assertiveness?
- An introduction to what Assertiveness is and what it means
- Why be assertive?
Aggressive and Passive Behaviours
- Understanding what assertiveness is not
- Looking at gut reactions and controlled reactions
- Understanding the link between these behaviours
- Body language, language and words associated with assertiveness
- How to use different assertive skills and behavious and how to adapt them to different situations
- How to demonstrate confident communication
- Using controlled responses and not a gut reaction
Assertiveness and Relationships with others
- Understanding where gut reactions and unconscious reactions come from
- Understanding how our reactions can drive aggressive and passive behaviours in others
- Looking at your own style of communication and that of others to understand how to reduce conflict
- Asking for what you need and want with confidence
- Dealing with confrontation and challenges
Different Ways of Being Assertive
- Bill of rights – What is this and what does it mean?
- Broken Record
- I statements
- Power Words
- Giving feedback
£195.00 + VAT
£185.25 + VAT
3 + Delegates
£165.75 + VAT
9.30am to 4.00pm
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials and free access to our eLearning course to keep your skills up to date.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates who have attended our Online Assertiveness Skills training course. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
This is a fantastic training session aimed at all levels of employees. It provided strategies and techniques to be more assertive in my role and areas of improvements I could make to allow me to be Read More
-Claire Hastie – 22nd October 2020 – Online Assertiveness Skills Training Course
It was a good learning experience (online). The tutor was very informative and we discussed different issues when we felt unable to say ‘no’ colleagues. We discussed ways to protect ourselves Read More
-Elaine Glenister – 22nd October 2020 – Online Assertiveness Skills Training Course
I would strongly recommend this course to anyone looking to further understand and develop assertiveness skills in both a personal and professional capacity. This course helps build knowledge of the Read More
-Katy Corfield – 31st July 2020 – Online Assertiveness Skills Training Course
A great course, packed full of great tips. This was a first online session for Revolution Learning and it was executed very professionally, with three trainers present which tripled the value in terms Read More
-Lisa Butterworth – 2nd April 2020 – Online Assertiveness Skills Training Course
I found the trainer and the other Revolution training staff very helpful and informative. The presentation was very detailed and had lots of Psychological approaches and theories of Assertiveness Read More
-Greg Ead – 2nd April 2020 – Online Assertiveness Skills Training Course