Online Introduction to WordPress Training Course
Our one day Online Introduction to WordPress training course will provide you with all of the knowledge you need to get your WordPress website online and how to continue to develop it in future
WordPress is a free piece of software that is used to develop beautiful websites and blogs.
With a good understanding of how to use the software, anyone with little experience of website development can quickly build a great website.
With WordPress being so scalable, you can make additions to it to make it do what you want. You can have a website online and in front of people within 15 minutes
Course Delivery Options
Online Course Details
We run our Introduction to WordPress course as a virtual online training course. The course provides a practical toolkit and is delivered across one day. Despite being online, we try to keep these sessions as interactive as our classroom based courses.
Virtual Online Courses are delivered live by one of our trainers via our online conference system and form part of our online and virtual training service Skills Garage.
Here’s our current online Introduction to WordPress training course schedule. To book, select a date below and click Book Now. We’ll send the details of how to connect to your course a few days before the course date.
£195.00 + VAT
£185.25 + VAT
3 + Delegates
£165.75 + VAT
9.30am to 4.00pm
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
Click a Tab, Get More Details
- Basic PC knowledge is required and a basic understanding of your operating system (Windows or MacOS)
- The software installed on your PC
- Access to Zoom via the Zoom app or your browser
Our one-day Online Introduction to WordPress Training Course will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to develop, grow and maintain a WordPress website.
You will leave the course with an understanding of how to use the WordPress system and how to look after your website to keep it up to date and grow it as your needs grow.
You will also gain an understanding of how to get your site looking just like you want it by knowing how to use the template system, how to get them and how to use template frameworks to build your own great looking website.
Those who attend this Online Introduction to WordPress Training Course will:
- Know what WordPress is and how it can be used
- Will have WordPress installed and carried out the initial set-up
- Understand the workings of WordPress functions
- Be able to add pages and posts and menus
- Know how to add templates and get your site looking how you want it
- Be able to add extra functionality to your site via plugins
During the Introduction to WordPress Training Course we will cover the following subjects:
- Introduction to WordPress
- Initial installation and set-up
- The workings of the admin panel
- How to add posts, pages and build your menu
- Using categories and tags
- Adding functionality to your site via plug-ins
- Changing the look of your site through templates
- Adding images and video to your WordPress pages and posts
- Using the widget functions to add further functionality
- Adding extra items such as forms
- Adding a store
- Tracking visits to your site and statistics
- Securing your WordPress site
- Ensuring your site is search engine friendly
- Adding a site map to ensure search engines find your site
- Top WordPress plug-ins to have on your site
- Optimising and speeding up your site
- Open forum for questions
We can deliver this Introduction to WordPress training course as an in-house virtual course for your business.
What is a Virtual Training Course you may ask? Rather than have our trainer travel to you to deliver a course, our trainer will join you via our conference system to deliver the course.
It means you can get your team together where ever they are based. You can get the team together in the same room. Or, have individuals join from where they are based.
Our Virtual Training Courses are normally one day in length and we deliver them in all subjects that are available on our site.
Because there is no travel involved, they are very cost-effective and good for the environment too.
We’ve made sure that you don’t lose any of the benefits of having a trainer with you in the room. Our Virtual Training Courses are still interactive, come with training materials and also include exercises, case studies and discussions.
To find out more about having an in-house virtual Introduction to WordPress training course delivered for your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.