Find out more how to maintain positivity and focus and drive actions. Understand how to deal with conflicting styles of people and give responsibility. Tackle complex issues and know how to deal with different behaviours during meetings.
In this course we will look at the skills and techniques for running successful meetings. The course will look at the role of the chair person and the tools and approaches they can use to get maximum benefit out of meetings and ensure meeting objectives are achieved.
By the end of the session, attendees will:
- Know how to achieve maximum performance out of meetings
- Be able to use a range of tools to deal with challenges, keep meetings on track and produce outcomes and decisions
- Know how to set clear meeting objectives and ensure they are achieved
- Manage differing styles of people during a meeting
- Generate buy in from meeting attendees and keep meetings upbeat and positive
- Preparing for meetings, setting the agenda meeting objectives
- The role of the chair person and meeting delegates
- Chairperson tools and techniques
- Dealing with differing styles in a meeting
- Managing conflicting ideas
- Generating buy-in and pushing for decisions
- Closing a meeting
Meetings are only beneficial if they are effective. This course will ensure that meetings you run meet objectives and drive actions.
Who should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for running meetings at any level.
Preparing for a Meeting
- What is a good meeting?
- Setting meeting objectives
- Building the agenda for the meeting
- Sending out meeting invites and generating positivity before the meeting even starts
Roles in a Meeting
- What is the role of the chairperson in the meeting
- What is the role of the delegates in the meeting
- Ensuring all attendees understand their role and responsibilities in the meeting
Tools and Techniques
- Understanding a range of tools to use during meetings
- Edward De Bono’s 6 thinking hats
- Capturing ideas and actions
- Using other resources such as slides, hand outs and flips
- Personality and working styles
- How to adapt your style to communicate effectively with individuals and the group as a whole
- Using the styles to your benefit
- Dealing with conflict between the stylesand different behaviours in general
Generating a positive outlook and buy-in
- How to keep meetings upbeat and positive
- Dealing with negative delegates
- Finalising and distributing actions
- Bringing meetings to a successful close
Our Running Successful Meetings Training Course is only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
We can deliver our Running Successful Meetings training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Running Successful Meetings training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Running Successful Meetings training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
There are currently no reviews to show for this course.