Team Leader/Supervisor Skills Training Course
Our one day Team Leader/Supervisor Skills training course will provide essential skills for those who are in a team leader or supervisor role.
It is a very exciting time when people get promoted into management and leadership positions, but it can also strike fear into people who are not properly prepared for the day-to-day expectations that are put on a manager or a leader.
Our Team Leader/Supervisor Training Course aims to give attendees a sound grounding in their new career by providing the essential skills required to manage and lead effectively.
Although targeted at newly promoted leaders or those identified as potential leaders, the course can easily be adapted to meet the requirements of existing leaders who are in need of a refresher or who want to acquire new skills.
Those who attend this Team Leader/Supervisor Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to confidently plan their daily activities
- Know how to get the maximum performance out of their team members
- Be able to motivate themselves and their team members
- Understand when to manage and when to lead
- Be able to deal with difficult situations with confidence
- Be able to demonstrate a range of leadership techniques and understand when each should be used
Here’s what we cover in our Team Leader/Supervisor Skills Training Course:
What is Leadership?
- Defining what is meant by leadership
- The differences between leadership and management
- What are the skills required to be an effective leader and manager?
- Exploring why these skills are needed
- Using a simple leadership model to understand how it’s done
- Looking at a range of leadership approaches
Team Leadership/Supervisor Skills
- Questioning and Listening
- Motivating and Inspiring the Team
- Influential Communication
- Resource, individual and team planning
- Dealing with Under-Performance
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Using management information
- Effective Performance Discussions
- Performance and Development Planning
- Dealing with HR Issues
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Pro-actively Identifying Problems
- Problem Solving Tools
- How to Make Effective Decisions
- Managing Change
- An opportunity to practice the skills
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.