Business Networking Skills Training Course
Our one day Business Networking Skills training course will help you to increase confidence and develop new business relationships by getting the most out of networking events.
This session looks at how to become a more effective business networker.
Many people today attend networking events either to increase their own profile or that of their business.
While at business networking events, you only get a few short minutes to make a big impression, and this workshop looks at the skills and approaches to make those few minutes count.
Those who attend this Business Networking Skills Training Course will:
- Know the reasons why business networking is important and the different types of networking that can be done
- Understand a range of communication skills that are important in business networking
- Be able to influence, sell themselves and their business to build credibility and build effective relationships
- See the benefits of following up with people they met at networking events
Here’s what we cover in our Business Networking Skills Training Course:
Networking – What is it and why do it?
- What is networking and how can a business use it?
- What are the benefits of business networking?
- What type of networking events might you attend?
Preparing to Network
- What to consider before attending a business networking event
- How to prepare to succeed at business networking events
- Practising what you will say at a networking event
Some Skills to Help
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Influencing and selling
- Confidence building
- Common networking event etiquette
Making Connections and Getting Contacts
- Asking for business cards and contact details
- Setting up meetings
Building On-Going Relationships
- Why stay in touch with the people you met
- How to stay in touch effectively
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.