Learn how to meet new business contacts, network with confidence and increase business with our Business Networking Skills Training Course.
Find out more how to prepare effectively for business networking events and . Understand how to make an impression quickly and build credibility with people you have just met. Get contact details and know how to build on the initial relationships after the networking event.
This session looks at how to become a more effective business networker.
Many people today attend networking events either to increase their own profile or that of their business.
While at business networking events, you only get a few short minutes to make a big impression, and this workshop looks at the skills and approaches to make those few minutes count.
By the end of the session, attendees will:
- Know the reasons why business networking is important and the different types of networking that can be done
- Understand a range of communication skills that are important in business networking
- Be able to influence, sell themselves and their business to build credibility and build effective relationships
- See the benefits of following up with people they met an networking events
- Networking – What is it and why should we do it?
- Preparing to network
- The pitch
- The skills needed to network effectively
- Networking – the rules
- Making connections and getting contacts
- Building on-going relationships
Being able to network effectively will help build more relationships with potential clients and customers. Done effectively, this can lead to an increase in business as well as an increase in confidence.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who attends business networking events and would like to gain new skills and confidence when networking.
This course in only available as an in-house programme. Please contact us to talk more about your needs and for a quote.
Networking – What is it and why do it?
- What is networking and how can a business use it?
- What are the benefits of business networking?
- What type of networking events might you attend?
Preparing to Network
- What to consider before attending a business networking event
- How to prepare to succeed at business networking events
- Practicing what you will say at a networking event
Some Skills to Help
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Influencing and selling
- Confidence building
- Common networking event etiquette
Making Connections and Getting Contacts
- Asking for business cards and contact details
- Setting up meetings
Building On-Going Relationships
- Why stay in touch with the people you met
- How to stay in touch effectively
Our Business Networking Skills Training Course is only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
We can deliver our Business Networking Skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Business Networking Skills training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Business Networking Skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.