Produce effective business documents that generate engagement and get the message across with this one day Business Writing Skills Training Course.
Businesses use various methods of communication. Many of these methods still rely heavily on the written word, for example email and letter. Get the context of these written documents wrong and the message could be lost.
Find out how to produce well structured business documents and emails that are professional, get the message across and generate engagement with our Business Writing Skills Training Course.
This Business Writing Skills Training course will look at tools and tactics to help you produce and structure business documents.
We look at how to make the written word sound positive and how to get the message across clearly. We’ll introduce you to simple methods to structure emails, letters and reports and how to make them look and sound interesting. We’ll also look at how to get to the point by getting your message across in the fewest words possible without sounding harsh.
Those who attend this Business Writing Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to set an objective for written communication and write towards achieving it
- Be able to effectively plan for written communication
- Be able to keep writing short and simple
- Know how to apply structure to letters, emails, reports and other business documents
- Have a refreshed understanding of grammar and punctuation
- Be able to demonstrate the skills through practical exercises
Here’s what we cover in our Business Writing Skills Training Course:
- Looking at a range of communication styles and how this will help when using written communication
Using Plain English
- What are the benefits of using Plain English?
- The Fog index and how it helps with your written communication
- Writing tight-keeping things short and simple
Making Writing Active and Positive
- Keeping things writer focussed
- KISS – Keep it short and simple
Structuring Your Written Communication
- How to structure letters, reports and emails
- Best practice for letters, reports and emails
- Getting the grammar right
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
We can deliver this business writing skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a business writing skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Business Writing Skills Training Course is delivered in towns and cities across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills behind effective business writing.
- 1 Delegate – £249.00 + VAT
- 2 Delegates – £236.55 + VAT per delegate
- 3+ Delegates – £211.65 + VAT per delegate
Includes lunch, refreshments and a delegate workbook to take away.
Time: Courses run 9.30am until 4.30pm.
Here’s our current schedule. To book, click a date and location below then click Add to Booking.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Be the first to leave a review.