Coaching Skills Training Course
Our one-day Coaching Skills training course will provide a toolkit for leaders to develop their team members and increase performance through effective coaching.
This Coaching Skills Training Course will introduce the skills, techniques and benefits of coaching.
The workshop investigates how behaviours develop in people and how using the coaching approach, can make long term changes to negative or challenging behaviours. We also look at how coaching can be used to develop long term action plans and improve individual and team performance.
Those who attend this Coaching Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to describe the role of the coach and when coaching should be used
- Know how values and beliefs affect the way we coach and are coached
- Be able to demonstrate the skills required of an effective coach
- Know how to use a tried and tested coaching structure that delivers results
- Know how to adapt your style of coaching to meet the needs of the individual and the business
- Be able to provide effective feedback to individuals that you coach
- Know how to drive actions and capture them in a development plan
- Describe advanced coaching techniques and demonstrate their use.
Here’s what we cover in our Coaching Skills Training Course:
The Role of the Coach and coaching
- What is a coach and what are they there to do
- What is coaching and the skills required of an effective coach
When to Coach
- When is coaching appropriate to use
- The differences between coaching, mentoring, buddying and counselling
Values and Beliefs
- How do values and beliefs affect behaviour and performance
- How can coaching help the person to realise they need to change
- What are the various methods of coaching
- How to adapt your style based on the business and the person being coached
- Developing a coaching culture in the business
- Introduction to a tried and tested coaching model
- Driving actions and setting objectives
- Providing effective feedback
- An opportunity to practice using the structure
- An opportunity to look at some advanced coaching techniques.
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Lots of relevant examples and useful tip and techniques. I particularly liked the skills practice sessions and the feedback that I got.
-J Carroll – Tyne & Wear Archives and Museums – 6th March 2017 – Coaching Skills