Our one-day Leadership Skills Training Course will provide lots of tips and practical ideas to lead and motivate team members. The course is a great grounding for new leaders and a good refresh for existing leaders.
Find out how to use a range of leadership techniques in different settings and how to get the most from the team through effective management of performance.
In this leadership skills course we aim to provide those that attend with a range of practical tools and ideas to lead their teams effectively.
The course is useful for those new to leadership or existing leaders looking for a refresh.
Those who attend this Leadership Skills Training Course will:
- Know the difference between leadership and management and when to apply each function
- Understand the wide range of skills they will need to possess to be an effective leader and manager
- Know a range of leadership approaches and the situations each should be used in
- Be able to get the team to a high performing standard in a shorter period as possible
- Have built a clear development plan to develop the skills learnt in the workshop further.
Here’s what we cover in our Leadership Skills Training Course:
What is Leadership?
- Defining what is meant by leadership
- The differences between leadership and management
- What are the skills required to be an effective leader and manager?
- Exploring why these skills are needed
A simple approach to leadership
- Using a simple leadership model to understand how it’s done
- Looking at a range of leadership approaches
Basic Leadership Skills
- Questioning and Listening
- Motivating and Inspiring the Team
- Influential Communication
- Dealing With Under-Performance
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Effective Performance Management Discussions
- Performance and Development Planning
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Pro-actively Identifying Problems
- Problem Solving Tools
- How to Make Effective Decisions
- An opportunity to practice the skills
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
We can deliver this leadership skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a leadership skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Leadership Skills Training Course is delivered in towns and cities across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills behind leadership.
- 1 Delegate – £249.00 + VAT
- 2 Delegates – £236.55 + VAT per delegate
- 3+ Delegates – £211.65 + VAT per delegate
Includes lunch, refreshments and a delegate workbook to take away.
Time: Courses run 9.30am until 4.30pm.
Here’s our current schedule. To book, click a date and location below then click Add to Booking
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Management Course Cardiff
Our trainer Rachel Sweet, was extremely helpful, understanding and tailored the level to us novices without making us feel out of our depth.
Personally I am really grateful for the confidence Rachel has given me.
I would recommend this course especially this trainer to everyone
Review of Leadership Course
I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I gained so much out of this course that will help me in my current role and future roles. The tutor was excellent, really easy to engage with and fully engaged in what we wished to gain from the course and the differing roles and situations each of the participants were in.
very useful tips and advice
I had a very enjoyable experience, I feel I have taken a lot from the day.
our trainer was very knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable, we was able to share our experiences and relate to each other. I would strongly recommend this course.
David was a knowledgeable tutor and the day was relaxed but informative. He tailored things to suit our individual needs. Thank you.
This 1 day training course was a good introduction to leadership and management skills. There were 4 o us on the course which allowed for plenty of discussion and opportunities to get advice around individual situations.