Our one-day Leadership Skills Training Course will provide lots of tips and practical ideas to lead and motivate team members. The course is a great grounding for new leaders and a good refresh for existing leaders.
Find out how to use a range of leadership techniques in different settings and how to get the most from the team through effective management of performance.
In this leadership skills course we aim to provide those that attend with a range of practical tools and ideas to lead their teams effectively.
The course is useful for those new to leadership or existing leaders looking for a refresh.
Those who attend this Leadership Skills Training Course will:
- Know the difference between leadership and management and when to apply each function
- Understand the wide range of skills they will need to possess to be an effective leader and manager
- Know a range of leadership approaches and the situations each should be used in
- Be able to get the team to a high performing standard in a shorter period as possible
- Have built a clear development plan to develop the skills learnt in the workshop further.
Here’s what we cover in our Leadership Skills Training Course:
What is Leadership?
- Defining what is meant by leadership
- The differences between leadership and management
- What are the skills required to be an effective leader and manager?
- Exploring why these skills are needed
A simple approach to leadership
- Using a simple leadership model to understand how it’s done
- Looking at a range of leadership approaches
Basic Leadership Skills
- Questioning and Listening
- Motivating and Inspiring the Team
- Influential Communication
- Dealing With Under-Performance
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Effective Performance Management Discussions
- Performance and Development Planning
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Pro-actively Identifying Problems
- Problem Solving Tools
- How to Make Effective Decisions
- An opportunity to practice the skills
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
We can deliver this leadership skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a leadership skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Leadership Skills Training Course is delivered in towns and cities across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills behind leadership.
- 1 Delegate – £249.00 + VAT
- 2 Delegates – £236.55 + VAT per delegate
- 3+ Delegates – £211.65 + VAT per delegate
Includes lunch, refreshments and a delegate workbook to take away.
Time: Courses run 9.30am until 4.30pm.
Here’s our current schedule. To book, click a date and location below then click Add to Booking
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
The course was well planned and thought out. The trainer was both enthusiastic and experienced. She was really supportive and very flexible in what she delivered.
Great Course - Just What I Needed
Thanks for a great course. I learnt a lot during the day, some of which I’ve used immediately and seen instant results. The trainer was fantastic, definitely knew what he was talking about – it felt like he knew the company inside out, even though he only just found out about what we did the same day. We chatted through all of the groups challenges and the ideas we looked at were tailored to each person, looking at how they could help with our individual challenges.
I highly recommend this course and Revolution Learning.
Really Good Course
This was a very informative and interesting course with a great tutor and venue. He was able to implement our own work experiences within the course content and give us great advice/feedback. I have no hesitation in recommending this course – you won’t be disappointed, competitive price too!
This Course Is Really Good
Thank you for a great course and some really easy to follow ideas to take back and help improve my team.
The trainer was great, friendly and really knew his stuff.
This Really Helped
I attended this course as I had been moved into a management position without any training. The course gave me some really good insight into what I should be doing and how I should be doing it.
I recommend this course for anyone in the same position. That said, a few others on the course seemed a lot more experienced and even they said that they found the course useful.
Location was really central and the overall serivce from booking to attending was seamless.