Leadership Skills Training Course
Our one day Leadership Skills training course will provide practical tips and techniques to lead and motivate team members to deliver better performance.
Our one-day Leadership Skills Training Course will provide lots of tips and practical ideas to lead and motivate team members. The course is a great grounding for new leaders and a good refresh for existing leaders.
Find out how to use a range of leadership techniques in different settings and how to get the most from the team through effective management of performance.
In this leadership skills course we aim to provide those that attend with a range of practical tools and ideas to lead their teams effectively.
The course is useful for those new to leadership or existing leaders looking for a refresh.
Those who attend this Leadership Skills Training Course will:
- Know the difference between leadership and management and when to apply each function
- Understand the wide range of skills they will need to possess to be an effective leader and manager
- Know a range of leadership approaches and the situations each should be used in
- Be able to get the team to a high performing standard in a shorter period as possible
- Have built a clear development plan to develop the skills learnt in the workshop further.
Here’s what we cover in our Leadership Skills Training Course:
What is Leadership?
- Defining what is meant by leadership
- The differences between leadership and management
- What are the skills required to be an effective leader and manager?
- Exploring why these skills are needed
A simple approach to leadership
- Using a simple leadership model to understand how it’s done
- Looking at a range of leadership approaches
Basic Leadership Skills
- Questioning and Listening
- Motivating and Inspiring the Team
- Influential Communication
- Dealing With Under-Performance
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Effective Performance Management Discussions
- Performance and Development Planning
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Pro-actively Identifying Problems
- Problem Solving Tools
- How to Make Effective Decisions
- An opportunity to practice the skills
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Our Leadership Skills course is run as an open course across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills from the course.
Here’s our current schedule. To book, click a date below, select the number of delegates, then Add to Booking. Group booking discounts are applied at the next stage.
£249.00 + VAT
£236.55 + VAT
3 + Delegates
£211.65 + VAT
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials, refreshments and lunch.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
We can deliver this Leadership Skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people at your organisation anywhere in the UK.
We can also run this course as a virtual in-house course. This course will be delivered online via web conference. Your team can either connect from the same room or individually from wherever the are based.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Leadership Skills training course delivered, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Dave was bril, very informative and made it a very well informed and interesting day
Management and leadership
The course was out standing , I’ve taken so much aware from the day , dave is a great instructor, would highly recommend this course to anyone
The course was very informative as was the trainer, he was engaging, welcoming and made me feel as ease from the start. Thank you very much
I learnt a lot from the course, it was very well catered to the audience. Really good pace and use of material. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have put the learning into practice already.
Great course for new and existing managers!
I have recently been promoted to a manager and had no managerial or leadership experience. This course was very informative and has given me great confidence for my new role. With the course being practical based, it was much better to learn than having a presentation. Questions raised were answered with a helpful and informative manner. I definitely feel that what I took away from the course will have an impact on my role and will help with all aspects, from giving tasks to staff to having those conversations regarding performance.