If you manage sales teams or your business has sales managers, this Sales Management training course will provide skills and approaches to keep your sales team motivated, on track and producing the results that you need.
Learn how to motivate your sales team, how to set clear targets and objectives and coach the team to achieve the required results. We’ll show you how to stretch the team to achieve more, but also what to do if a team member is not achieving what’s expected.
Motivated team members who achieve more and team members who achieve more than expected with our Sales Management Training Course.
Sales Management Training Course – Course Aims
This Sales Management training course will provide those in sales management roles with the skills and approaches needed to motivate and develop a sales team.
Sales Management Training Course Objectives
By the end of the session, attendees will:
- Have tools to identify the different characters in their team
- Be able to different techniques to motivate both individuals and the team as a whole
- Know how to set clear objectives with their team members as well as objectives that stretch to achieve more
- Be able to coach team members effectively to get maximum performance
- Have tools and techniques to deal with under performing team members
Sales Management Training Course Content
- What is Sales Management
- Skills of an effective sales manager
- Understanding the characteristics of a team
- Setting clear sales targets
- Monitoring and motivating sales teams and individual team members
- Coaching team members to maintain and improve performance
- Dealing with under performing sales team members
Sales Management Training Course Benefits
- Increase sales levels
- More motivated and loyal sales team members
- Maintained sales performance
- Better relationships with customers
Who Should Attend This Sales Management Training Course?
Anyone in a sales management role. This includes those new to sales management or exiting sales managers looking for a refresh or new techniques to get the best from their team.
Sales Management Training Course – Session Breakdown
What is a Sales Management?
- The role of the sales manager
- The skills needed to be an effective sales manager
- The objectives of the sales manager
- Understanding team personalities
- How to communicate to different personalities
- How to motivate different personalities
- The team development life cycle
Setting Goals and Objectives
- Setting daily/weekly/monthly targets and objectives
- Feeding objectives into overall performance management programmes
- Monitoring goals and objectives
- Gaining buy in from team members
- Setting targets and objectives that stretch the team members
Monitoring, Motivating and Maintaining Performance
- How to monitor your overall team performance
- Using dashboards and other tools to track performance and gather data
- Using motivational techniques to maintain and increase performance
Coaching and Feedback
- Understanding how coaching helps maintain and improve performance
- Using a simple coaching structure to have effective conversations
- Turning gathered data into effective feedback
- Providing feedback that creates change
Dealing With Under Performing Sales Team Members
- How to proactively identify potential drops in performance
- Effective under performance discussions
- Setting targets for improvement
- Using personal improvement plans
Our Sales Management Training course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
We can deliver our Sales Management training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Sales Management training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Sales Management training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.