Our one-day Assertiveness Skills Training Course will provide lots of tips and ideas to help you to communicate with confidence in both work and general situations.
Discover how to make simple changes to your language and overall communication style that will have a positive impact on others.
The aim of this Assertiveness Skills Training Course is to provide those that attend with the skills and approaches to communicate more confidently with others.
By understanding how to control emotions, attendees will understand how to have controlled conversations, demonstrate confidence and use these skills to build more effective relationships.
Along side this, the course will introduce practical tips and techniques to help build confidence and self-esteem. You will be able to share your experiences with others, learn more about your individual communication style and that of others to help you deal with and reduce conflict. You will also have plenty of opportunity to practice the skills in a safe and controlled environment.
Those who attend this Assertiveness Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to recognise Aggressive, Passive and Assertive behaviour
- Understand where being assertive fits into your basic rights
- Know how to adopt their style based on the situation they are in
- Have the confidence to challenge, push back, say no and ask for what they want without damaging relationships they have with others
- Know how to deal with confrontation and challenges in a confident manner
- Be able to apply the skills necessary to be more assertive
Here’s what we cover in our Assertiveness Skills Training Course:
What is Assertiveness?
- An introduction to what Assertiveness is and what it means
- Why be assertive?
Aggressive and Passive Behaviours
- Understanding what assertiveness is not
- Looking at gut reactions and controlled reactions
- Understanding the link between these behaviours
- Body language, language and words associated with assertiveness
- How to use different assertive skills and behavious and how to adapt them to different situations
- How to demonstrate confident communication
- Using controlled responses and not a gut reaction
Assertiveness and Relationships with others
- Understanding where gut reactions and unconscious reactions come from
- Understanding how our reactions can drive aggressive and passive behaviours in others
- Looking at your own style of communication and that of others to understand how to reduce conflict
- Asking for what you need and want with confidence
- Dealing with confrontation and challenges
Different Ways of Being Assertive
- Bill of rights – What is this and what does it mean?
- Broken Record
- I statements
- Power Words
- Giving feedback
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
We can deliver this Assertiveness Skills Training Course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having an assertiveness skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Assertiveness Skills Training Course is delivered in towns and cities across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills behind assertiveness.
- 1 Delegate – £249.00 + VAT
- 2 Delegates – £236.55 + VAT per delegate
- 3+ Delegates – £211.65 + VAT per delegate
Includes lunch, refreshments and a delegate workbook to take away.
Time: Courses run 9.30am until 4.30pm.
Here’s our current schedule. To book, click a date and location below then click Add to Booking
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
I thoroughly enjoyed my assertiveness skills training. Having had no previous training I was fascinated from start to finish, having not quite realised that ‘assertiveness’ is a skill we can all learn and not just something we’re born with! I have picked up lots of practical tips that I am determined to put into practice. The trainer was excellent and the fact that it was a small group meant I felt extremely comfortable speaking out and was able to fully participate. A good venue too, and the lunch was delicious! I would (and have) highly recommended the course to others.
Assertiveness Training Skills
i had a lovely day on the Course, the facilitator was courteous and a pleasure to deal with. My own opinion would be that it would have been great to have gotten some “General Phrases” to be used until the training became more fluid to me. i know there are a few in the exercise book given on the day, but as we didn’t really look at it, its not the same trying to go through it myself.
Response from Revolution Learning and Development Ltd
Thank you, Margaret, for taking some time to write a review. Your feedback is incredibly useful. I will discuss the points about building in some general phrases to use during the course – this is a really good piece of feedback and something we will definitely act on. We do provide very detailed course materials, but for the same reason we don’t use PowerPoint, we don’t want to feel that we are just reading from the workbook. We’ll look at how we can get those phrases out of the workbook and into some kind of exercise maybe.
Thank you once again for your review and your feedback.
David – Managing Director
Great Trainer and Course
Very useful information taken away from this course.
The group was very small which meant our trainer Lynne was able to relate the course to our personal experiences which we had explained to her which was extremely helpful.
Lots of different styles of learning are used throughout the day which is helpful to suit everyone.
Excellent assertiveness course
This was quite possibly one of the most useful courses I’ve attended in a number of years. I was able to take several practical tools that I learnt from the course that I’ll be able to apply next time I need to be assertive.
The group was very small so our trainer Lynne was able to tailor the course to our individual needs and circumstances, while also giving us the opportunity to work on theoretical exercises.
Assertiveness Training Course
Our course with Lyndsey was fantastic. The course was so much more useful and fascinating than I could have imagined; and the trainer Lyndsey tailored it specifically for my needs. I absolutely would recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn useful techniques and methods to be more assertive. Thanks again.