Assertiveness Skills Training Course
Our one day Assertiveness Skills training course will help you to communicate more confidently.
Our one-day Assertiveness Skills Training Course will provide lots of tips and ideas to help you to communicate with confidence in both work and general situations.
Discover how to make simple changes to your language and overall communication style that will have a positive impact on others.
The aim of this Assertiveness Skills Training Course is to provide those that attend with the skills and approaches to communicate more confidently with others.
By understanding how to control emotions, attendees will understand how to have controlled conversations, demonstrate confidence and use these skills to build more effective relationships.
Along side this, the course will introduce practical tips and techniques to help build confidence and self-esteem. You will be able to share your experiences with others, learn more about your individual communication style and that of others to help you deal with and reduce conflict. You will also have plenty of opportunity to practice the skills in a safe and controlled environment.
Those who attend this Assertiveness Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to recognise Aggressive, Passive and Assertive behaviour
- Understand where being assertive fits into your basic rights
- Know how to adopt their style based on the situation they are in
- Have the confidence to challenge, push back, say no and ask for what they want without damaging relationships they have with others
- Know how to deal with confrontation and challenges in a confident manner
- Be able to apply the skills necessary to be more assertive
Here’s what we cover in our Assertiveness Skills Training Course:
What is Assertiveness?
- An introduction to what Assertiveness is and what it means
- Why be assertive?
Aggressive and Passive Behaviours
- Understanding what assertiveness is not
- Looking at gut reactions and controlled reactions
- Understanding the link between these behaviours
- Body language, language and words associated with assertiveness
- How to use different assertive skills and behavious and how to adapt them to different situations
- How to demonstrate confident communication
- Using controlled responses and not a gut reaction
Assertiveness and Relationships with others
- Understanding where gut reactions and unconscious reactions come from
- Understanding how our reactions can drive aggressive and passive behaviours in others
- Looking at your own style of communication and that of others to understand how to reduce conflict
- Asking for what you need and want with confidence
- Dealing with confrontation and challenges
Different Ways of Being Assertive
- Bill of rights – What is this and what does it mean?
- Broken Record
- I statements
- Power Words
- Giving feedback
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Our Assertiveness Skills course is run as an open course across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills from the course.
Here’s our current schedule. To book, click a date below, select the number of delegates, then Add to Booking. Group booking discounts are applied at the next stage.
£249.00 + VAT
£236.55 + VAT
3 + Delegates
£211.65 + VAT
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials, refreshments and lunch.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
We can deliver this Assertiveness Skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people at your organisation anywhere in the UK.
We can also run this course as a virtual in-house course. This course will be delivered online via web conference. Your team can either connect from the same room or individually from wherever the are based.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having an Assertiveness Skills training course delivered, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Assertiveness Skills course in Southampton
The course was really interesting and full of really useful, practical tips that I can use both in my professional life and in my personal life. Lynne, the trainer, was interested in my work and used examples from my life to help make the content more applicable to me. She focused on areas I felt weakest in, and helped give me assurance areas I felt the least confident. I felt really confident after the course, as I left with practical skills I knew I could translate into actions. I would highly recommend this course.
I found the course very helpful and informative. I have taken a lot of useful information and tools away with me that I can now put into practice.
I was very impressed with the course. It was professional, well organised and the location at the Clayton Hotel was excellent as were the staff. Tracey Mountain, the trainer, was also excellent. Tracey presented the subject in an engaging and knowledgeable way and facilitated interesting group discussions. Overall, I left the course feeling positive and with enhanced life skills.
Assertiveness Skills Course
I really enjoyed the Assertiveness course so much. Tracey Mountain made the course interesting and it was great to understand how to be assertive in an work or home environment.
Assertivness skills – 9th January Newcastle
Fantastic training, based on the attendees specific challenges and we were provided with lots of practical applications to take away and use. Many thanks