Building High Performing Teams Training Course
Our one day Building High Performing Teams training course will provide a toolkit for leaders to build and develop teams that work.
This Building High Performing Teams Training Course aims to develop the skills of managers and leaders to create, develop and maintain a high performing and effective team.
The course looks at a range of tools and techniques that can be used to ensure the team performs at a high standard and that a strong team bond is maintained.
Those who attend this Building High Performing Teams Training Course will:
- Understand what makes a team successful
- Know the stages of team development and the challenges of each
- Be able to apply a range of strategies to create, develop and motivate a team
- Know how to recognise the unique strengths of each team member and use this to improve overall team performance
- Create a team vision and communicate this successfully to the team to create buy in
- Be able to carry out effective team meetings
- Have strategies to deal with conflict within the team
Here’s what we cover in our Building High Performing Teams Training Course:
What is a Team?
- Defining the term ‘team’
- Characteristics of an effective team
- Benefits of successful team
Developing Team Performance
- Understanding how to develop a team to perform well
- Team vision, goals and objectives
- Moving the team toward the vision
Roles in the Team
- Different roles in the team
- What they mean
- Strengths and allowable weaknesses of each
Leading the Team
- The leader’s role in developing and leading the team
- Leading a team to perform
- Dealing with under-performance
Motivating the Team
- Motivating individuals and the collective group
- Motivation quick tips and longer-term initiatives
Managing Conflict in the Team
- Understanding why conflict occurs in a team
- Tools to manage conflict effectively
The session will also include a number of mini team building activities to look at behaviour. They can also be taken back to the workplace and used.
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.