This Commercial Awareness training course will provide those that attend with a deeper understanding of how to be more commercially focused.
This course can be delivered in-house at your business anywhere in the UK.
In today’s challenging market conditions it’s useful for individuals in business to have greater business awareness, know how their business operates at strategic levels and how outside influences impact on the business they work in, meaning they have a more commercially focused mid-set.
Here’s all of the details you need on our Commercial Awareness Training Course:
This Commercial Awareness training Course aims to provide those that attend with an understanding of how to influence decisions, focus on the critical business issues that affect their role and understand from a commercial view point why certain decisions are made.
By the end of this Commercial Awareness training course, attendees will:
- Know how to fully understand the market you operate in and identify future business opportunities
- Understand how internal and external events impact on your business
- Know the key stakeholders in the business and how to influence them
- Understand why certain decisions are made in the business (why some get the green light and why others don’t)
- Use a range of tools to make commercially focused decisions and arguments
The content of this Commercial Awareness training course includes:
- What impacts your business
- Strategic focus
- Internal/External customers
- Influencing Stake Holders
- Making/Influencing decisions
- Strategic thinking tools
Being more commercially focused and making decisions at a more strategic level will help organisations to become more cost effective, profitable and will motivate staff to do more business in the right areas.
Who should Attend
Anyone who needs to make commercial decisions, influence stake holders, understand more about their businesses decision making processes or is tasked with cost savings.
What is Commercial Awareness?
- What does the term commercial awareness mean
- Why do you need to have more commercial awareness
- What is strategic thinking and how does it fit in with commercial awareness
- Understanding your businesses commercial and strategic plans
What Impacts Your Business
- What are the internal and external factors that currently/will in future impact your business
- What impact will they have
- Using SWOT and PESTLE analysis to identify the above
Understanding the Marketplace
- Looking at the market place you operate in and the competition
- How your competition affects your business
- Porter’s 5 Forces model to understand the business environment
Strategic Focus, Thinking and Decision Making
- What are the things you should be working on and what should be left alone
- How to make the decisions above with a strategic and commercial focus
- Understand why decisions are made and why some get the green light and others don’t
- How to develop a strong commercial argument
- Who are your customers (internal and external)
- How do they influence your decisions
- How do your decisions impact on them
- How could you be providing a better service to them whilst still remaining commercially focused
- How are the key decision makers in your business
- How do they impact on you, your job, your customers and your decisions
- How to influence stakeholders to stand a better chance of getting the green light for your ideas
Our Commercial Awareness training course is only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more details.
We can deliver our Commercial Awareness training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The commercial awareness training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a commercial awareness training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.