This Commercial Awareness training course will provide those that attend with a deeper understanding of how to be more commercially focused.
In today’s challenging market conditions, it’s useful for individuals in business to have greater business awareness, know how their business operates at strategic levels and how outside influences impact on the business they work in, meaning they have a more commercially focused mindset.
This Commercial Awareness Training Course aims to provide those that attend with an understanding of how to influence decisions, focus on the critical business issues that affect their role and understand from a commercial viewpoint why certain decisions are made.
Those who attend this Commercial Training Course will:
- Know how to fully understand the market you operate in and identify future business opportunities
- Understand how internal and external events impact on your business
- Know the key stakeholders in the business and how to influence them
- Understand why certain decisions are made in the business (why some get the green light and why others don’t)
- Use a range of tools to make commercially focused decisions and arguments
Here are all of the details you need about our commercial awareness training course. We’re here to help if you have any other questions. You can see all of the ways to get in touch here.
What is Commercial Awareness?
- What does the term commercial awareness mean
- Why do you need to have more commercial awareness
- What is strategic thinking and how does it fit in with commercial awareness
- Understanding your businesses commercial and strategic plans
What Impacts Your Business
- What are the internal and external factors that currently/will in future impact your business
- What impact will they have
- Using SWOT and PESTLE analysis to identify the above
Understanding the Marketplace
- Looking at the market place you operate in and the competition
- How your competition affects your business
- Porter’s 5 Forces model to understand the business environment
Strategic Focus, Thinking and Decision Making
- What are the things you should be working on and what should be left alone
- How to make the decisions above with a strategic and commercial focusUnderstand why decisions are made and why some get the green light and others don’t
- How to develop a strong commercial argument
- Who are your customers (internal and external)How do they influence your decisions
- How do your decisions impact on them
- How could you be providing a better service to them whilst still remaining commercially focused
- How are the key decision makers in your business
- How do they impact on you, your job, your customers and your decisions
- How to influence stakeholders to stand a better chance of getting the green light for your ideas
We can deliver our Commercial Awareness training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The commercial awareness training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand-picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a commercial awareness training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively, you can call us on 03333 444575
Our Commercial Awareness Training Course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
There is no current review to show.
Download a copy of the change management training course overview by clicking here.