For any business to maintain a good reputation and generate loyal customers, handling complaints effectively is very crucial. This Customer Complaint Handling training course looks at how to handle customer complaints effectively, ensuring the relationship with the customer stays intact.
Knowing what drives complaints in the first place is a great way to reduce the overall amount of complaints a business will get. In this Customer Complaint Handling training course we look at how to be pro-active in reducing the complaints a business will receive.
Knowing what drives complaints, how to pro-actively reduce complaints and how to deal effectively with them when they do happen is all in our Customer Complaint Handling training course.
Customer Complaint Handling Training Course – Course Aims
This Customer Complaint Handling Training Course aims to help businesses increase customer loyalty and retention by providing the skills and knowledge needed to deal with customer complaints effectively.
Customer Complaint Handling Training Course Objectives
By the end of the session, attendees will:
- Understand what a complaint is and why people complain
- Know what drives complaints in their individual organisation
- Understand the skills and approaches needed to deal with customer complaints
- Be more pro-active in identifying and fixing the things that cause complaints
- Have a process to follow when dealing with a dissatisfied customer
Customer Complaint Handling Training Course Content
- Why People Complain
- Complaint Handling Skills
- Getting to the Root Cause
- Dealing with Complaints
- Being Pro-active
- Complaints Procedure
Customer Complaint Handling Training Course Benefits
- Loyal customers who re-use and become advocates for your brand
- Less paid out in refunds or compensation
- Happier and more motivated staff
- Overall less complaints
Who Should Attend This Customer Complaint Handling Training Course?
Anyone in a customer facing role (face to face and telephone) who deals with complaints.
Customer Complaint Handling Training Course – Session Breakdown
Why People Complain
- What drives someone to complain to a business
- Feelings and emotions demonstrated during a complaint
- Common reasons for complaints in the business
- The impact of not dealing with complaints effectively
Complaint Handling Skills
- The skills needed to handle customer complaints effectively (i.e. Empathy, Questionning, Asseertiveness)
- What each of the skills do and when will they be required
- A simple model to use when handling complaints
Getting to the Root Cause
- Using questioning techniques to gather all of the facts
- Showing a customer that you are there to help
- Using the fact find to calm the customer
Dealing With the Complaint
- Your body language, voice and the words you use during a complaint
- Your response when a customer complains
- Diffusing difficult situations
- Using the skills in simulated exercises
- Identifying what the causes of complaints are in your business
- Looking out for reasons why people might complain and fixing it before it gets to a complaint
- Gathering feedback from customers about their overall experience
Our Customer Complaint Handling Training course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
We can deliver our Customer Complaint Handling training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Customer Complaint Handling training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Customer Complaint handling training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.