Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course
Our one day Disciplinary and Grievance training course will show you how to manage disciplinary and grievance issues effectively through better discussions and use of policy and process.
This Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course will show those that attend how to manage disciplinary and grievance issues effectively.
Learn how effectively use these processes when people are persistently under-performing and to manage individual and team performance and what you should do when under-performance continues.
Course Delivery Options
Great News! We can deliver our Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course on-site at your business anywhere in the UK.
Our Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course is also delivered as a one-day interactive virtual training course.
Click a Tab, Get More Details
Here’s all of the details you need about our Disciplinary and Grievance training course. We’re here to help if you have any other questions. You can see all of the ways to get in touch here.
This Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course will provide those that attend with the skills and approaches needed to manage disciplinary and grievance issues effectively.
It seems today that the rules surrounding disciplinary and grievance in the workplace have many grey areas. It’s reported that businesses apply the rules in different ways or even inconsistencies in the procedure in one business is commonplace.
People are becoming much more aware of what their rights are meaning if an employer does have to discipline a member of staff they have to get it absolutely right. Get it wrong and you have to leave yourself open to employment tribunals and a whole host of other things.
Businesses have to stick to quite strict guidelines when it comes to dealing with disciplinary. Larger organisations tend to have Human Resources or Personnel departments who will apply and provide guidance on these policies. No matter how big or small the business, the rules have to be followed.
Gone are the days when someone can be ‘sacked on the spot’. Businesses to need to prove that they have given an employee every opportunity to improve their work, unless of course it’s an act of gross misconduct.
Those who attend this Disciplinary Training Course will:
- Have a full understanding of disciplinary and grievance processes and how they can be used to manage under-performance
- Understanding how to have difficult conversations with team members who are under-performing, have high sickness levels and who have lodged grievances against people or processes.
- Be able to investigate disciplinary issues and grievances
- Know how to set clear performance objectives and performance improvement plans
What is Managing Performance?
- Why is the purpose of the disciplinary and grievance procedures?
- Why do we need to get it right?
Why do people under-perform?
- What is under performance?
- Capability and Conduct
- How to deal with the above
- Disciplinary and Grievance procedures
- What to do and what to take into account
- Conduct, Misconduct and Gross Misconduct
- Sanctions and dismissal
- Using questioning to understand the background
- Building a clear action plan and set clear objectives
- Holding difficult conversations
- Simulated discussions based on today’s subjects
We can deliver this Disciplinary and Grievance training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people at your organisation anywhere in the UK
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Disciplinary and Grievance training course delivered, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
There are no current reviews to show