This Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course will show those that attend how to manage disciplinary and grievance issues effectively.
This Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course is available as an in-house course, delivered at your business anywhere in the UK.
Learn how effectively use these processes when people are persistently under-performing and to manage individual and team performance and what you should do when under-performance continues.
Here’s all of the details you need about our Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course:
This Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course will provide those that attend with the skills and approaches needed to manage disciplinary and grievance issues effectively.
It seems today that the rules surrounding disciplinary and grievance in the workplace have grown many grey areas. It’s reported that businesses apply the rules in different ways or even inconsistencies in the procedure in one business is common place.
People are becoming much more aware of what their rights are meaning if an employer does have to discipline a member of staff they have to get it absolutely right. Get it wrong and you have to leave yourself open to employment tribunals and a whole host of other things.
Businesses have to stick to quite strict guidelines when it comes to dealing with disciplinary. Larger organisations tend to have Human Resources or Personnel departments who will apply and provide guidance on these policies. No matter how big or small the business, the rules have to be followed.
Gone are the days when someone can be ‘sacked on the spot’. Businesses to need to prove that they have given an employee every opportunity to improve their work, unless of course it’s an act of gross misconduct.
By the end of this Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course, attendees will:
- Have a full understanding of disciplinary and grievance processes and how they can be used to manage under-performance
- Understanding how to have difficult conversations with team members who are under-performing, have high sickness levels and who have lodged grievances against people or processes.
- Be able to investigate disciplinary issues and grievances
- Know how to set clear performance objectives and performance improvement plans
The content of this Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course includes:
- What the law says
- The difference between conduct and capability
- What you can/should do before getting to the disciplinary stage
- Dealing with conduct and capability issues
- Disciplinary process and meetings
- Dismissal inc constructive dismissal
- How to avoid all of these things in the first place
- Better understanding of how to handle HR Case Management Cases
- Protect you and your business from employment disputes and tribunals
- Save money in the long run by avoiding the need to manage performance
Who should Attend
The course is suitable for anyone involved in managing HR process and policies i.e. HR Managers, HR Advisors and Leaders and Managers who are looking for an introduction to dealing with disciplinary and grievance procedures.
What is Managing Performance?
- What is Managing Performance?
- Why do we need to get it right?
Why do people under-perform?
- What is under performance?
- Capability and Conduct
- How to deal with the above
- Using questioning to tackle under performance
- Building a clear action plan and setting clear objectives
- Holding difficult conversations
The next stage
- Discipline and Grievance procedures
- What to do and what to take into account
- Conduct, Misconduct and Gross Misconduct
- Sanctions and dismissal
- Simulated discussions based on today’s subjects.
Our Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course is delivered in towns and cities across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills behind dealing with Disciplinary and Grievance.
The course is only available as an in-house course.
We can deliver our Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.