Our Live Chat Support Training Course is a half day course that looks at best practice and tips and techniques to help deliver high quality customer service to you customers who choose to use Live Chat Support.
Many businesses today are turning to Live Chat Support as a further channel of communication for it’s customers. What we don’t always recognise is that the same level of customer service standards should still apply online as they do in face to face interactions.
When mistakes are made, customers holding on for longer than necessary or where poor spelling and punctuation exist, customers will leave with a bad impression of the company.
This course will introduce best practice methods for using live help chat software. The course will look at how to best use the system and how to ensure the customer or potential customer perceives the business as professional whilst using the chat system.
This session looks at what anyone can do to give exceptional customer service via live chat systems.
By the end of the session, attendees be able to:
- List the benefits of using such a system to them, the business and the customers
- Identify the most frequent types of requests and questions they may and actually do get via the chat system
- Know how to set the right tone with the person using the system, ensuring messages are not mis-understood or taken in the wrong context
- Agreed acceptable canned (pre-stored)responses to use with the system, and when to use them v’s articulated responses
- Know when to move the chat to another communication channel such as telephone
- Assess and evaluate how effective the chat was
Live Chat Support Training Course Content
- Online Chat V’s other support channels
- Best practice for chat support
- What to say and not to say
- Canned Responses
- Skills Practice
Live Chat Support Training Course Benefits
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Retain existing customers and attract new ones
- Make more sales
Online chat v’s other support channels
- How does using chat compare to other support channels
- Why will site visitors choose chat over calling?
- What are the benefits of using the chat system
- What are/will be the common requests and questions asked
Best Practice for Chat Support
- What are the rules surrounding best practice for using chat support
- Handling more than one chat session at a time
What to say and what not to say
- What words and phrases are acceptable to use in chat
- Making sure your message isn’t taken out of context
- Case studies to review
- What are canned responses and when to use them
- What are the benefits and downsides of canned responses?
- Agreeing a set of canned responses for your role/department/business
- Replying to some common questions via a chat system (both paper based and live chat (with a trainer) if the location has internet connectivity.
Our Live Chat Support Training Course is only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
We can deliver our Live Chat Support training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The live chat support training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a live chat support training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.