Minute Writing Skills Training Course
Our one day Minute Writing Skills training course will provide the skills and techniques required to capture and create effective meeting minutes.
This Minute Writing course looks at the skills and knowledge required to capture and write up effective minutes.
Those who attend this Minute Writing Skills Training Course will:
- Know the purpose of meeting minutes and their importance
- Be able to prepare yourself and the tools you need to take minutes
- Know the rules surrounding grammar and language for meeting minutes
- Understand the roles in a meeting
- Know about good and bad minute taking practices
- What should minutes include and not include
- Have a range of tools to effectively capture meeting minutes
- Have the skills to listen effectively
- Have practiced a number of minute taking scenarios
Here’s what we cover in our Minute Writing Skills Training Course:
What are Minutes?
- What are minutes?
- What goes into meeting minutes?
- What do good meeting minutes do?
- What are the responsibilities of the minute taker?
- A typical cycle of a meeting and minutes
Preparing for a Meeting
- What to prepare before attending a meeting?
- Roberts rules of order
- What to do at the start, during and at the end of the meeting?
- Tips for good meeting minutes
- Shortening techniques (truncating words and using symbols and abbreviations)
- Using a minute taking template
- Listening effectively
- Structuring minutes
Writing Up Minutes
- Translating your notes
- Laying out your structure
- Writing your minutes
- Practising writing minutes using videos to observe meetings
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.