All organisations hold meetings and most meetings have minutes. They are used to communicate the points that are discussed in meetings to those that attended and also to re-confirm actions that were agreed during the meeting.
Minutes can also be used to communicate the points raised in the meeting to people who didn’t attend but need to know what went on.
It’s important that minutes are captured effectively and clearly and can be reproduced to communicate this important information to those that need it.
This Minute Writing course looks at the skills and knowledge required to capture and write up effective minutes.
Those who attend this Minute Writing Skills Training Course will:
- Know the purpose of meeting minutes and their importance
- Be able to prepare yourself and the tools you need to take minutes
- Know the rules surrounding grammar and language for meeting minutes
- Understand the roles in a meeting
- Know about good and bad minute taking practices
- What should minutes include and not include
- Have a range of tools to effectively capture meeting minutes
- Have the skills to listen effectively
- Have practiced a number of minute taking scenarios
Here are all of the details you need about our Minute Writing Skills training course. We’re here to help if you have any other questions. You can see all of the ways to get in touch here.
Here’s what we cover in our Minute Writing Skills Training Course:
What are Minutes?
- What are minutes?
- What goes into meeting minutes?
- What do good meeting minutes do?
- What are the responsibilities of the minute taker?
- A typical cycle of a meeting and minutes
Preparing for a Meeting
- What to prepare before attending a meeting?
- Roberts rules of order
- What to do at the start, during and at the end of the meeting?
- Tips for good meeting minutes
- Shortening techniques (truncating words and using symbols and abbreviations)
- Using a minute taking template
- Listening effectively
- Structuring minutes
Writing Up Minutes
- Translating your notes
- Laying out your structure
- Writing your minutes
- Practising writing minutes using videos to observe meetings
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
We can deliver this Minute writing skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand-picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Minute writing skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively, you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Minute Writing Skills Training Course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
There are currently no reviews to show for this course.