This Project Management Training Course will show how to manage projects using a simple process and looks at each stage in detail, providing a range of tools that can be used at each.
This Project Management Training Course is available as an in-house course, delivered at your business anywhere in the UK.
The course looks at both the technical side (process) and soft skills side (people) or project management. The course can be delivered over 1 or 2 days, depending on how in depth and how much practical activity you would like included.
Here’s all of the details you need about our Project Management Training Course:
This Project Management Training Course will show you the essential components required for planning and managing projects effectively using Prince 2 methodology and mapped to standard terminology and structures
By the end of this Project Management Training Course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the difference between managing a project and everyday tasks and use standard project terminology with confidence
- Define the roles, skills and qualities of an effective project manager
- Define the scope, outcomes and measures of the project
- Create a realistic and achievable project plan using appropriate techniques
- Identify and manage risks
- Implement the plan to bring the project to a successful conclusion, using appropriate work breakdown, scheduling, monitoring and closure techniques
- Understand the value of using resources appropriately and demonstrate how to manage resources to achieve the desired outcome
- Review success and apply lessons learned
The content of this Project Management Training Course includes:
- What is a project
- The role of the project manager
- Project methodology
- Planning and project initiation
- Managing risk and issues
- Managing the project team
Having a structure to follow when managing project leads to smoother running projects. Using the right tools at the right time speeds up the planning process, but at the same time leads to less mistakes. And, getting the team on board is an important part to project success and required a range of approaches to to this.
Who should Attend
Anyone who is new to project management or would like a refresh on project management approaches
- Defining a project
- What makes a successful project?
The Project Manager
- The role of the Project Manager
- Skills and behaviours of an effective Project Manager
- The project management lifecycle
- The benefits of using project methodology
Planning and Initiation
- Building a business case
- Project Initiation Document
- Project Roles and Responsibilities
- RACI Matrix
- Planning Tools
- Planning Exercise
- Execute, Monitor and Control
Managing Risk and Issues
- Identifying Risk using PEST and SWOT
Closing the Project
- Bringing the project to a successful close
Our Project Management training course is only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more details.
We can deliver our Project Management training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Project Management training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Project Management training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.[contact]