This Project Management Training Course will show how to manage projects using a simple process and looks at each stage in detail, providing a range of tools that can be used at each.
This Project Management Training Course is available as an in-house course, delivered at your business anywhere in the UK.
The course looks at both the technical side (process) and soft skills side (people) or project management. The course can be delivered over 1 or 2 days, depending on how in depth and how much practical activity you would like included.
This Project Management Training Course will show you the essential components required for planning and managing projects effectively using Prince 2 methodology and mapped to standard terminology and structures
Those who attend this Project Management Skills Training Course will:
- Describe the difference between managing a project and everyday tasks and use standard project terminology with confidence
- Define the roles, skills and qualities of an effective project manager
- Define the scope, outcomes and measures of the project
- Create a realistic and achievable project plan using appropriate techniques
- Identify and manage risks
- Implement the plan to bring the project to a successful conclusion, using appropriate work breakdown, scheduling, monitoring and closure techniques
- Understand the value of using resources appropriately and demonstrate how to manage resources to achieve the desired outcome
- Review success and apply lessons learned
Here’s what we cover in our Project Management Skills Training Course:
- Defining a project
- What makes a successful project?
The Project Manager
- The role of the Project Manager
- Skills and behaviours of an effective Project Manager
- The project management lifecycle
- The benefits of using project methodology
Planning and Initiation
- Building a business case
- Project Initiation Document
- Project Roles and Responsibilities
- RACI Matrix
- Planning Tools
- Planning Exercise
- Execute, Monitor and Control
Managing Risk and Issues
- Identifying Risk using PEST and SWOT
Closing the Project
- Bringing the project to a successful close
We can deliver our Project Management training course in-house for a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Project Management training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand-picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Project Management training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively, you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Project Management Skills Training Course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
There are no current review to show.