Receptionists are the first point of contact in many businesses, it’s the first impression visitors and customers (both internal and external) get of your business. This Receptionist Skills Training Course provides the skills and knowledge needed for those working on reception to provide a great first impression for your business.
The course looks at the behaviours a receptionist will need to demonstrate to give a great first impression. It also looks at the skills needed to handle people in a friendly yet efficient way along with how to deal with irate people and complicated requests.
This Receptionist Skills Training Course aims to provide those who work in reception areas with the skills and behaviours needed to deliver exceptional service to visitors and customers (both internal and external), providing a great first impression.
Those who attend this Receptionist Skills Training Course will:
- Understand the importance of the role of reception and the receptionist
- Know what skills to use and behaviours to demonstrate to provide an excellent service and a great first impression
- Be able to demonstrate skills to work in a friendly but efficient manner
- Know how to deal with irate people and complex requests effectively
Here’s what we cover in our Receptionist Skills Training Course:
The Role of Reception and Receptionist
- What is the role of reception and receptionist
- The objectives of the receptionist
- Key challenges faced by the receptionist
- What do visitors and customers expect of a receptionist
Skills and Behaviours of a Receptionist
- The skills needed to be an effective receptionist
- The behaviours a receptionist should demonstrate
- Giving a bad impression
- Looking at the individual skills (i.e. empathy, questioning, assertiveness, communication etc.)
- Communication styles
- Questioning and listening
Right First Impression
- Being aware of your body language, voice and the words you use
- Maintaining a calm and friendly approach even when it’s busy
- Being pro-active during quieter times
- Ensuring people have a great experience with reception
Dealing with Complaints, Irate People and Complex Queries
- Understanding the common complaints made to reception and how to deal with them
- Diffusing anger and irate people
- Understanding complex requests and dealing with them efficiently
We can deliver our Receptionist Skills training course in-house for a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Receptionist Skills training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand-picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Receptionist Skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively, you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Building a Customer Service Strategy Training Course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
There are no current review to show.