Receptionists are the first point of contact in many businesses, it’s the first impression visitors and customers (both internal and external) get of your business. This Receptionist Skills Training Course provides the skills and knowledge needed for those working on reception to provide a great first impression for your business.
The course looks at the behaviours a receptionist will need to demonstrate to give a great first impression. It also looks at the skills needed to handle people in a friendly yet efficient way along with how to deal with irate people and complicated requests.
Ensure your team give your business a great impression with our Receptionist Skills Training Course.
Receptionist Skills Training Course – Course Aims
This Receptionist Skills Training Course aims to provide those who work in reception areas with the skills and behaviours needed to deliver exceptional service to visitors and customers (both internal and external), providing a great first impression.
Receptionist Skills Training Course Objectives
By the end of the session, attendees will:
- Understand the importance of the role of reception and the receptionist
- Know what skills to use and behaviours to demonstrate to provide a excellent service and a great first impression
- Be able to demonstrate skills to work in a friendly but efficient manner
- Know how to deal with irate people and complex requests effectively
Receptionist Skills Training Course Content
- The role of reception and the receptionist
- Skills and behaviours of an effective receptionist
- Understanding the individual skills and when they should be used
- Giving a great first impression
- Handling complaints, irate people and complex requests
Receptionist Skills Training Course Benefits
- Better first impression of your business
- People and requests handled quickly and efficiently
Who Should Attend This Receptionist Skills Training Course?
Anyone who works as a receptionist or has reception duties as part of their role.
Receptionist Skills Training Course – Session Breakdown
The Role of Reception and Receptionist
- What is the role of reception and receptionist
- The objectives of the receptionist
- Key challenges faced by reception
- What do visitors and customers expect of a receptionist
Skills and Behaviours of a Receptionist
- The skills needed to be an effective receptionist
- The behaviours a receptionist should demonstrate
- Giving a bad impression
The Individual Skills
- Looking at the individual skills (i.e. empathy, questioning, assertiveness, communication etc.)
- Communication styles
- Questioning and listening
Right First Impression
- Being aware of your body language, voice and the words you use
- Maintaining a calm and friendly approach even when it’s busy
- Being pro-active during quieter times
- Ensuring people have a great experience with reception
Dealing with Complaints, Irate People and Complex Queries
- Understanding the common complaints made to reception and how to deal with them
- Diffusing anger and irate people
- Understanding complex requests and dealing with them efficiently
Our Receptionist Training course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information. If you only have a requirement for one or a small group of people then please still contact us. We will look at all requests we receive and try where possible to run one of events to accommodate your request by merging smaller groups of people into larger groups.
We can deliver our Receptionist Skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Receptionist Skills training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Receptionist Skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.