Report Writing Skills Training Course
Our one day Report Writing Skills training course will provide attendees with a toolkit to improve your business report writing skills.
This report writing skills training course will provide attendees with a toolkit to improve your business report writing skills. It focuses on the key elements of writing and presenting business reports such as Preparation, structure, writing and presenting.
The session includes a range of activities that will allow the delegates to practice skills, alongside trainer-led sessions to introduce the relevant knowledge.
We look at how to plan reports and what you want people to get from it; how to compose and structure reports, and how to present the information clearly.
Those who attend this Report Writing Skills Training Course will be able to:
- Create a basic outline
- Organise the key points and support them with relevant facts
- Write some rough draft notes and check existing reports against the overall structure
- Choose appropriate visuals such as charts, graphs, and tables to present figures
- Write an effective conclusion
- Write an executive summary that highlights the report’s main ideas
- Professionally present the report
Here’s what we cover in our Report Writing Skills Training Course:
Preparing the Report
- Defining the purpose
- Setting the Objectives
- Investigate the topic
- Thinking about the reader
- Title or title page
- Executive Summary
- Summary & Conclusions
- Numbering Sections and figures
- Diagrams, graphs and tables
- Originality & Plagiarism
- Business English
Presenting the Report*
- How to talk through the report
- Use persuasive language
- Get buy-in to the ideas you are presenting
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.