Find out how to engage people during meetings and get more ideas onto the table. Understand how to drive actions and increase responsibility. Tackle complex issues and know how to deal with different behaviours during meetings and other facilitated sessions.
This workshop is designed to explore the communication skills and techniques required to successfully facilitate events, workshops and meetings in a business context.
Interactive theory and practical session will engage you in a variety of realistic scenarios where you will receive feedback on your approach. From ice breakers and energisers to handling difficult people and situations, this workshop will help you to discover and develop new facilitation skills.
Those who attend this Facilitation Skills Training Course will:
- Develop the skills and confidence to help groups take ownership for generating ideas, solve problems and agree direction and plan actions
- Contract productive, purposeful relationships with groups
- Deal with challenges and difficult group behaviours
- Ensure high levels of participation and creativity in groups
- Identify and improve your strengths as a facilitator.
Here’s what we cover in our Facilitation Skills Training Course:
What is Facilitation?
- Defining what the process of Facilitation is and when’s it used?
- What is the role of the Facilitator?
- What are the necessary skills and behaviours of an effective Facilitator?
- Effective questioning and a Facilitator
- Structuring a facilitated meeting
- Probing to explore new possibilities
- Listening effectively
- Keeping the group motivated and maintaining momentum
- Clearing blockages
- Dealing with conflicting members and views
- Creative ways to capture actions
- Closing out the meeting
- An opportunity to practice the skills.
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
We can deliver our Facilitation Skills training course in-house for a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Facilitation Skills training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand-picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Facilitation Skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively, you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Facilitation Skills Training Course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.