Facilitation Skills Training Course
Our one day Facilitation Skills training course will show you how to make your meetings more productive by gaining engagement and driving actions.
This workshop is designed to explore the communication skills and techniques required to successfully facilitate events, workshops and meetings in a business context.
Interactive theory and practical session will engage you in a variety of realistic scenarios where you will receive feedback on your approach. From ice breakers and energisers to handling difficult people and situations, this workshop will help you to discover and develop new facilitation skills.
Those who attend this Facilitation Skills Training Course will:
- Develop the skills and confidence to help groups take ownership for generating ideas, solve problems and agree direction and plan actions
- Contract productive, purposeful relationships with groups
- Deal with challenges and difficult group behaviours
- Ensure high levels of participation and creativity in groups
- Identify and improve your strengths as a facilitator.
Here’s what we cover in our Facilitation Skills Training Course:
What is Facilitation?
- Defining what the process of Facilitation is and when’s it used?
- What is the role of the Facilitator?
- What are the necessary skills and behaviours of an effective Facilitator?
- Effective questioning and a Facilitator
- Structuring a facilitated meeting
- Probing to explore new possibilities
- Listening effectively
- Keeping the group motivated and maintaining momentum
- Clearing blockages
- Dealing with conflicting members and views
- Creative ways to capture actions
- Closing out the meeting
- An opportunity to practice the skills.
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.