Learn how to make meetings more productive and engaging with our Facilitation Skills Training Course.
Find out more how to engage people during meetings and get more ideas onto the table. Understand how to drive actions and increase responsibility. Tackle complex issues and know how to deal with different behaviours during meetings and other facilitated sessions.
This workshop is designed to explore the communication skills and techniques required to successfully facilitate events, workshops and meetings in a business context.
Interactive theory and practical session will engage you in a variety of realistic scenarios where you will receive feedback on your approach. From ice breakers and energisers to handling difficult people and situations, this workshop will help you to discover and develop new facilitation skills.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Develop the skills and confidence to help groups take ownership for generating ideas, solve problems, agree direction and plan actions
- Contract productive, purposeful relationships with groups
- Deal with challenges and difficult group behaviours
- Ensure high levels of participation and creativity in groups
- Identify and improve your strengths as a facilitator.
- What is meant by facilitation
- The role of the facilitator and the key skills needed to work with groups
- Questioning techniques
- The stages of facilitation and the benefits of structure
- Dealing with disagreement and conflict
- Exploring visual and creative techniques
- Opportunities to practice the skills learnt
- Action planning for your next facilitation.
- Drive out ideas and solutions quickly
- Ensure everyone is engaged in the process
- Make action planning and problem solving more interactive.
Who should Attend
Those who regularly facilitate group events and want to gain maximum audience participation and contribution from the team involved.
What is Facilitation?
- Defining what the process of Facilitation is and when’s it used?
- What is the role of the Facilitator?
- What are the necessary skills and behaviours of an effective Facilitator?
- Effective questioning and a Facilitator
- Structuring a facilitated meeting
- Probing to explore new possibilities
- Listening effectively
- Keeping the group motivated and maintaining momentum
- Clearing blockages
- Dealing with conflicting members and views
- Creative ways to capture actions
- Closing out the meeting
- An opportunity to practice the skills.
Our Facilitation Skills Training Course is only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
We can deliver our Facilitation Skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The Facilitation Skills training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Facilitation Skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.