HR for Managers Training Course
Our one day HR for Managers training course will provide a practical toolkit for managers to tackle HR issues with confidence.
Any manager who is responsible for recruiting and managing staff in an organisation should have an understanding of the basics of HR best practice, policies and procedures.
In order to ensure the team performs to a high standard, managers and leaders should have an understanding of their role within the HR process to make sure that they are legally compliant.
This HR for Managers training course provides a practical toolkit to enable managers to tackle HR issues with confidence.
Those who attend this HR For Managers Training Course will:
- Understand what the HR role and responsibilities are of a leader/manager in a business
- Know the drivers that cause people to under-perform?
- Be able to agree effective Performance Improvement Plans
- Know when and how to start disciplinary proceedings – both formal and informal
- Know how to hold effective disciplinary meetings – both formal and informal
- Know when to get HR involved in HR cases
The Role of the Manager
- What are the HR roles and responsibilities of a manager in the business
- What is the role of HR and when to get them involved
What the Law Says
- A brief summary of current employment laws and legislation that will affect your business
- How it affects managers and the major things to be aware of
- Your own policies and procedures
What is Under-Performance?
- What is under-performance
- Conduct and capability
Dealing with HR Issues
- What the role of the manager is when dealing with under-performance
- Sickness and absence
- Bullying and harassment
- Discrimination and Equality and Diversity
- Holing effective performance-based meetings
- Review a series of scenarios and how to deal with each
- Documenting and following up
- When to use more formal procedures
- Disciplinary, grievance and sickness and absence procedures
- When to involve HR