This Managing Absence Training Course will introduce you to some proactive ways of reducing absence in the first place, but should it happen we will also introduce you to ways of managing the employees absence more effectively.
This Managing Absence Training Course is delivered as an in-house course at your business anywhere in the UK.
The course looks at return to work interviews and drivers of absence should help you to reduce the amount of absence in the business.
Here’s all of the details you need about our Managing Absence Training Course:
In Managing Absence Training Course we look at Managing Attendance rather than absence. This means being proactive when managing sickness. So, you may ask the question how can this be done?
It’s reported that ill health costs the UK economy in excess of £100 billion per year. Paying sick pay, loss of productivity, covering long term sick and recruitment costs all add up.
Most sickness is genuine where the people need to take time off; however, some sickness may not be all of that genuine. It seems easier and easier to get a sick note today, in fact some websites even sell them. Why do people want to take time off work when they aren’t genuinely sick? Declined holidays, bullying and lack of motivation are just a few reasons.
Many organisations deal with sickness after it happens using return to work interviews and their sickness policy, but is there another approach?
The session is very interactive with lots of discussion, role-play scenarios and an action planning session.
By the end of this Managing Absence Training Course, attendees will:
- Understand the importance of managing attendance
- Recognise the causes of absence
- Clarify the role of the line manager in managing absence
- Recognise the signs that may indicate intended absence
- Be familiar with the policy and process.
The content of this Managing Absence Training Course includes:
- What influence you have over your team and what impact this has
- What are the causes of absence
- What is the line manager’s role in managing absence
- How to spot the tell tale signs of impending absence
- Carrying out return to work interviews.
- Reduce costs by ensuring people are motivated to come to work
- Get the right process in place to deal with persistent offenders
- Make sure you stay within the law when it comes to managing absence.
Who should Attend
HR Managers, managers and leaders. This course is designed to help people in any role to manage absence in their organisation more effectively.
Why Manage Attendance?
- What is Managing Attendance?
- What are the benefits?
Cause and Effect
- What are the typical causes of people calling in sick?
- How to spot the tell tale signs?
- Is it you causing them to be sick?
Adopting Your Leadership Approach
- How can using the incorrect leadership approach cause people to want to call in sick?
- Keeping people motivated
The Absence Process
- Looking at typical absence management process
- Looking at your absence management process
Return to Work Interviews
- Why are they important?
- Getting them right
- Skills Practice
Our Managing Absence Training Course is only available as an in-house course. Please see the in-house tab for more information.
We can deliver our managing absence training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The managing absence training course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having an managing absence training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.