Managing Absence Training Course
Our one day Managing Absence training course will show you proactive ways to reduce absence in your business and effective ways to deal with absence when it does occur.
In this Managing Absence Training Course, we look at Managing Attendance rather than absence. This means being proactive when managing sickness.
It’s reported that ill health costs the UK economy in excess of £100 billion per year. Paying sick pay, loss of productivity, covering long term sick and recruitment costs all add up.
Most sickness is genuine where the people need to take time off; however, some sickness may not be all of that genuine. It seems easier and easier to get a sick note today, in fact, some websites even sell them. Why do people want to take time off work when they aren’t genuinely sick? Declined holidays, bullying and lack of motivation are just a few reasons.
Many organisations deal with sickness after it happens using return to work interviews and their sickness policy, but is there another approach?
The session is very interactive with lots of discussion, role-play scenarios and an action planning session.
Those who attend this Managing Absence Training Course will:
- Understand the importance of managing attendance
- Recognise the causes of absence
- Clarify the role of the line manager in managing absence
- Recognise the signs that may indicate intended absence
- Be familiar with the policy and process.
Why Manage Attendance?
- What is Managing Attendance?
- What are the benefits?
Cause and Effect
- What are the typical causes of people calling in sick?
- How to spot the tell-tale signs?
- Is it you causing them to be sick?
Adapting Your Leadership Approach
- How using the incorrect leadership approach cause people to want to call in sick?
- Keeping people motivated
The Absence Process
- Looking at a typical absence management process
- Looking at your absence management process
Return to Work Interviews
- Why are they important?
- Getting them right
- Skills Practice