Managing Performance Training Course
Our one day Managing Performance training course will provide practical tools and approaches to use when team members do not perform to the standards that are required of them.
Find out how to use your performance management process to manage individual and team performance.
Understand what you should do when under-performance occurs and continues and how to set clear action plans to ensure improvements in performance continue.
Course Delivery Options
Great News! We can deliver our Managing Performance Training Course on-site at your business anywhere in the UK.
Our Managing Performance Training Course is also delivered as a shorter online virtual training course.
Click a Tab, Get More Details
Here’s all of the details you need about our Managing Performance training course. We’re here to help if you have any other questions. You can see all of the ways to get in touch here.
This Managing Performance Training Course looks at the responsibility of the leader for managing performance, what the leader should do to set performance standards and manage against them and what do to if performance drops below standard.
Leaders and managers in today’s business have the overall responsibility for delivering performance against the business goals, objectives and Key Performance Indicators.
It doesn’t matter what the business is, it still has to perform. Although they have the overall responsibility, leaders deliver performance through their team members.
It is hoped that the team members will just perform; however, there may be occasions where performance drops below the required standard and the leader or manager has to step in to get the level of performance back to the required standard.
Those who attend this Managing Performance Training Course will:
- What their responsibilities are around managing performance
- How to set clear goals and objectives and monitor them
- What the common causes of under-performance are
- How to identify what is causing under-performance
- How to have effective conversations about performance with their team members
- What the other options are should performance not improve
Your Responsibilities, Why Get is Right?
- What is Managing Performance?
- What are your responsibilities surrounding managing performance?
- Why do we need to get it right?
High Performing Teams and Individuals
- What are the characteristics of high performing teams and individuals?
- How can a leader maintain high performance?
Setting Goals and Targets
- Why set goals and targets
- Setting SMART goals and targets
- Monitoring progress
Why do People Underperform?
- What is underperformance?
- What causes under-performance and what control do you have over it?
- What is Capability and Conduct and why you need to know
- How to deal with the above
- Using questioning to tackle underperformance
- Building a clear action plan
- Holding difficult conversations
The Next Stage
- Disciplinary and Grievance procedures
- What to do and what to take into account
- Conduct, Misconduct and Gross Misconduct
- Sanctions and dismissal
- Simulated discussions based on today’s subjects.
We can deliver this Managing Performance training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people at your organisation anywhere in the UK
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Managing Performance training course delivered, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.