Managing Performance Training Course
Our one day Managing Performance training course will provide practical tools and approaches to use when team members do not perform to the standards that are required of them.
This Managing Performance Training Course looks at the responsibility of the leader for managing performance, what the leader should do to set performance standards and manage against them and what do to if performance drops below standard.
Leaders and managers in today’s business have the overall responsibility for delivering performance against the business goals, objectives and Key Performance Indicators.
It doesn’t matter what the business is, it still has to perform. Although they have the overall responsibility, leaders deliver performance through their team members.
It is hoped that the team members will just perform; however, there may be occasions where performance drops below the required standard and the leader or manager has to step in to get the level of performance back to the required standard.
Those who attend this Managing Performance Training Course will:
- What their responsibilities are around managing performance
- How to set clear goals and objectives and monitor them
- What the common causes of under-performance are
- How to identify what is causing under-performance
- How to have effective conversations about performance with their team members
- What the other options are should performance not improve
Your Responsibilities, Why Get is Right?
- What is Managing Performance?
- What are your responsibilities surrounding managing performance?
- Why do we need to get it right?
High Performing Teams and Individuals
- What are the characteristics of high performing teams and individuals?
- How can a leader maintain high performance?
Setting Goals and Targets
- Why set goals and targets
- Setting SMART goals and targets
- Monitoring progress
Why do People Underperform?
- What is underperformance?
- What causes under-performance and what control do you have over it?
- What is Capability and Conduct and why you need to know
- How to deal with the above
- Using questioning to tackle underperformance
- Building a clear action plan
- Holding difficult conversations
The Next Stage
- Disciplinary and Grievance procedures
- What to do and what to take into account
- Conduct, Misconduct and Gross Misconduct
- Sanctions and dismissal
- Simulated discussions based on today’s subjects.