Our two day (can also be delivered in one day) Leadership & People Management Training Course will provide you with lots of tips and practical ideas to lead and manage your team. The course is a great grounding for new leaders and managers and a good refresh for those currently in the role.
Find out how to use a range of leadership techniques in different settings and how to use management tools to get the best possible performance from your team.
We aim to provide you with a range of practical tools and ideas to lead and manage your teams effectively.
The course is useful for those new to leadership or management positions or those currently in role looking for a refresh.
By attending this Leadership and People Management Training Course you will be able to:
- Know the difference between leadership and management and how to use each function
- Understand the wide range of skills they will need to possess to be an effective leader and manager
- Know a range of leadership approaches and the situations each should be used in
- Know how to use management tools to get the best possible performance from the team
- Be able to use management information to monitor and improve the team
- Have built a clear development plan to further develop the skills learnt in the workshop
Leadership Skills Tip
A key skill of a Leader is to delegate tasks to their team members. This is not just to ease the Leaders workload, but also aids in succession planning, finds new ways to solve a task, upskills the team member and builds trust.
Here's what we cover in our Leadership and People Management training course
What is Leadership & Management?
Leadership & Management Skills
- Defining what is meant by leadership and management
- The differences between leadership and management
- When to use each of the two functions
A simple approach to leadership
- What are the skills required to be an effective leader and manager?
- Exploring why these skills are needed
- Applying the approaches to people as well as process
Basic Leadership Skills
- Using a simple leadership model to understand how it’s done
- Looking at a range of leadership approaches
- Questioning and Listening
- Motivating and Inspiring the Team
- Influential Communication
- Using coaching and providing effective feedback
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Using Management Information (MI)
- Creating dashboards to facilitate performance discussions
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Dealing With Under-Performance
- Effective Performance Management Discussions
- Performance and Development Planning
- Pro-actively Identifying Problems
- Problem Solving Tools
- How to Make Effective Decisions
- An opportunity to practice the skills
When you have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Who Delivers Your Leadership and People Management Training Courses?
Our Presentation Skills courses are delivered by our friendly and highly experienced leadership and management trainers. We live and breathe what we talk about in these sessions as we use most of the tools and techniques ourselves on a daily bases and bring this real-world experience into the session and the examples that we use.
What is the Difference Between Leadership and Management?
Leadership is a collection of skills and approaches that, when used in the correct way and at the correct time can increase morale, improve communication, deliver increased performance and help achieve team goals quicker. Management focuses more on data, objectives, planning and problem solving. Essentially, leadership is about people and management is about process.
What Type of Skills Are Covered?
We look at leadership styles and when and how to adapt yours, motivating team members, communicating with your team, providing feedback, setting goals, targets and objectives and coaching to develop skills and improve performance.
I'm New to Leadership/I've Been a Leader for a Long Time - Will This Course Help?
We've pitched the course is such a way that you should find it provides a good grounding for new leaders, but not too simplistic. It will also provide anyone who has been in leadership for a long time with a good refresh and hopefully some new ideas too.
Do You Have Any Leadership and Management Articles I Can Read?
Yes. We have lots of articles about leadership in the leadership skills section of our blog
and articles about management in the management section of our blog
No reviews to show for this course