Leadership & People Management Training Course
Our two day Leadership & People Management training course will provide practical tips and techniques to motivate team members to deliver better performance through effective leadership and management.
Our two day (can also be delivered in one day) Leadership & People Management Training Course will provide lots of tips and practical ideas to lead and manage a team. The course is a great grounding for new leaders and managers and a good refresh for those currently in the role.
Find out how to use a range of leadership techniques in different settings and how to use management tools to get the best possible performance from a team.
Course Delivery Options
Our Leadership & People Management Training Course is delivered as an open training course across the UK.
Great News! We can deliver our Leadership & People Management Training Course on-site at your business anywhere in the UK.
Click a Tab, Get More Details
In this leadership and people management training course we aim to provide those that attend with a range of practical tools and ideas to lead and manage their teams effectively.
The course is useful for those new to leadership or management positions or those currently in role looking for a refresh.
Those who attend this Leadership & People Management Training Course will:
- Know the difference between leadership and management and how to use each function
- Understand the wide range of skills they will need to possess to be an effective leader and manager
- Know a range of leadership approaches and the situations each should be used in
- Know how to use management tools to get the best possible performance from the team
- Be able to use management information to monitor and improve the team
- Have built a clear development plan to further develop the skills learnt in the workshop
Here’s what we cover in our Leadership & People Management Training Course:
What is Leadership & Management?
- Defining what is meant by leadership and management
- The differences between leadership and management
- When to use each of the two functions
Leadership & Management Skills
- What are the skills required to be an effective leader and manager?
- Exploring why these skills are needed
- Applying the approaches to people as well as process
A simple approach to leadership
- Using a simple leadership model to understand how it’s done
- Looking at a range of leadership approaches
Basic Leadership Skills
- Questioning and Listening
- Motivating and Inspiring the Team
- Influential Communication
- Using coaching and providing effective feedback
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Using Management Information (MI)
- Creating dashboards to facilitate performance discussions
- Dealing With Under-Performance
- Effective Performance Management Discussions
- Performance and Development Planning
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Pro-actively Identifying Problems
- Problem Solving Tools
- How to Make Effective Decisions
- An opportunity to practice the skills
The content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Our Leadership & People Management course is run as an open course across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills from the course.
Here’s our current schedule. To book, click a date below, select the number of delegates, then Add to Booking. Group booking discounts are applied at the next stage.
£455.00 + VAT
£432.25 + VAT
3 + Delegates
£386.75 + VAT
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials, refreshments and lunch.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
We can deliver this Leadership & People Management training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people at your organisation anywhere in the UK
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Leadership & People Management training course delivered, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Leadership & People Management
Excellent course content, professionally delivered and tailored to the needs of the participants.
This is our second training course with Revolution and would highly recommend.
leadership and management course
Excellent course that i would highly recommend to anyone in, or considering, a management role.
David delivered the course and kept us engaged and involved, the content was both useful and interesting and I am sure the tools and techniques that where passed on will prove very useful to me going forward. Thank you.
Excellent course and Trainer
I recently attended the two day Leadership and People Management course. Lynne the training was so helpful and encouraged questions and discussions throughout the two days. The content was helpful and thorough. It has given me some additional skills and ideas to bring back to the work place. Lynne ensured everyone on the courses objectives were met and I felt she tailored the content to each individual. Really recommend revolution learning courses.
Excellent informal overview
Revolution delivered just what I’d hoped for (in fact a bit more if anything) with a really engaging overview of leadership and management. The trainer really listened to what the people on the course wanted to learn about, and clearly knew his stuff in depth so he could jump around in response to whatever random queries we threw at him! It was clearly an informal training option, aimed at getting us to know what we needed to know rather than giving us comprehensive textbook knowledge of everything we didn’t need to know – but for a two day course this was definitely the right approach. Highly recommended.
Leadership & People Management Course
Good course, useful skills learned, very knowledgeable instructor and a nice venue.