In this Leadership Skills course in Taunton we aim to provide you with a range of practical tools and ideas to lead your team effectively.
The course is useful if you are new to leadership or an existing leader looking for a skills refresh.
By attending this Leadership Skills course you will:
- Know the difference between leadership and management and when to apply each function
- Understand the wide range of skills you will need to possess to be an effective leader and manager
- Know a range of leadership approaches and the situations each should be used in
- Be able to get the team to a high performing standard in a shorter period as possible
- Have built a clear development plan to develop the skills learnt in the workshop further.
Here's what we cover in our Leadership Skills training course in Taunton
What is Leadership?
- Defining what is meant by leadership
- The differences between leadership and management
A simple approach to leadership
- What are the skills required to be an effective leader and manager?
- Exploring why these skills are needed
Basic Leadership Skills
- Using a simple leadership model to understand how it’s done
- Looking at a range of leadership approaches
- Questioning and Listening
- Motivating and Inspiring the Team
- Influential Communication
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Dealing With Under-Performance
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Effective Performance Management Discussions
- Performance and Development Planning
- Pro-actively Identifying Problems
- Problem Solving Tools
- How to Make Effective Decisions
- An opportunity to practice the skills
When you bring this course in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to meet the needs of your team.
Who Delivers Your Leadership Skills Training Courses?
Our Leadership Skills courses are delivered by our friendly and highly experienced trainers. We live and breathe what we talk about in these sessions as we use most of the tools and techniques ourselves on a daily bases and bring this real-world experience into the session and the examples that we use.
Leadership is a collection of skills and approaches that, when used in the correct way and at the correct time can increase morale, improve communication, deliver increased performance and help achieve team goals quicker. Leadership is different to management and the course will help you to understand these differences.
What Types of Leadership Skills Are Covered?
We look at leadership styles and when and how to adapt yours, motivating team members, communicating with your team, providing feedback, setting goals, targets and objectives and coaching to develop skills and improve performance.
I'm New to Leadership/I've Been a Leader for a Long Time - Will This Course Help?
We've pitched the course is such a way that you should find it provides a good grounding for new leaders, but not too simplistic. It will also provide anyone who has been in leadership for a long time with a good refresh and hopefully some new ideas too.
Do You Have Any Leadership Skills Articles I Can Read?
Yes. We have lots of articles about Leadership Skills in the Leadership Skills section of our blog
Our Leadership Skills training course is accredited by the CPD Standards Office. This demonstrates our commitment to quality and industry best practices and you can be sure that the course you receive has been assessed to ensure it meets its objectives.
This course equates to 6 hours of CPD. After completing the course you will receive your CPD certificate and learning path document as record of your attendance.
Here are the most recent reviews that have been left for our Leadership Skills Training Course. If you would like to see more detailed reviews then please get in touch and we can pull some data from our course evaluations together for you.
See All Reviews