This Presentation Skills Training Course in Blackpool will show you how to prepare an effective presentation by using a simple structure. You will learn how to engage the audience and use presentation aids effectively to get your message across. You will also learn how to prepare yourself both physically (i.e. your notes etc) and mentally.
We'll show you the different types of presentation media you can use to enhance your message and help to build your confidence
By attending this Presentation Skills Training Course you will be able to:
- Plan and structure a presentation that has impact
- Produce and use visual aids effectively to enhance the presentation
- Use techniques to improve personal presentation style
- Effectively deliver prepared presentations to small/large groups.
Presentation Skills Tip
Remember you are the main visual aid. Film yourself or ask for feedback before your presentation to check for any distracting mannerisms or verbal ticks
Here's what we cover in our Presentation Skills training course in Blackpool
Here's what we cover in our Presentation Training Course:
Where you are now and expectations
- Identifying your existing skills and looking at where you would like to be both after the session and in the future
Designing Your Presentation
- Setting clear objectives (purpose) of your presentation
- Being clear about the key points of your presentation
- What goes at the beginning, in the middle and at the end
- How to build your presentation notes to keep things simple
- How does your audience perceive you and what to do to ensure this perception is a positive one
- Being aware of your body language, voice and the words that you are using
- Using your body language, voice and language for maximum impact
- Choosing the right language and approach for different parts of your presentation
- Identifying what makes you nervous about delivering presentations
- How to control nerves to ensure you appear confident and in control at all times
Using Presentation Aids
- Using notes and cue cards
- Building clear and simple PowerPoint slides that support you when delivering presentations
- How to use flip charts and other presentation aids to support the message you are trying to deliver
Dealing with Different Behaviours
- Skills and Tactics to deal with challenging and negative delegates
- Using the positivity of group members to generate buy-in and commitment
- An opportunity to put your skills into practice and receive feedback from your trainer and fellow delegates.
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Download the Course Brochure
Download a copy of our Presentation Skills training course brochure below.
Who Delivers Your Presentation Skills Training Courses?
Our Presentation Skills courses are delivered by our friendly and highly experienced trainers. We live and breathe what we talk about in these sessions as we use most of the tools and techniques ourselves on a daily bases and bring this real-world experience into the session and the examples that we use.
Will I Feel More Confident Delivering Presentations After Attending the Course?
We'll provide you with the tools you need to deliver a great presentation. This includes how to prepare yourself mentally and physically for delivery. The increase in confidence will come from how much better you feel about delivering presentation in future.
Will This Help With Public Speaking?
While there is some cross-over between presentations and public speaking, this course has been specifically designed for presentations. You will find the sessions on communication and delivery useful for public speaking.
Is There a Practical Element?
Yes. We'll provide the details in your joining instructions, but we do allow time for you to do some presentations and get feedback from your trainer and fellow delegates.
Do You Have Any Presentation Skills Articles I Can Read?
Yes. We have lots of articles about presenting in the presentation skills section of our blog
Our Presentation Skills training course is delivered in-person at venues across the UK. We deliver the course in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Reading, Sheffield and Southampton.
The cost of our in-person courses includes delegate materials, refreshments throughout the day and lunch.
Our Online Presentation Skills course is an interactive live virtual course. The content remains the same but the delivery and approach has been re-imagined for the virtual environment. Our online training courses are delivered by Zoom.
We can also deliver this Presentation Skills training course just for your organisation. We can do this in-person at your office or a location of your choice or as a live virtual training course. We can deliver this via Zoom, Teams, Webex or any other platform that you are currently using and comfortable with.
Here are the most recent reviews that have been left for our Presentation Skills Training Course. If you would like to see more detailed reviews then please get in touch and we can pull some data from our course evaluations together for you.
See All Reviews