Our Assertiveness Skills Training Course in Poole will provide you with the skills and approaches to communicate more confidently with others.
By understanding how to control emotions, you will understand how to have controlled conversations, demonstrate confidence and use these skills to build more effective relationships.
Along side this, the course will introduce you to practical tips and techniques to help build confidence and self-esteem. You will be able to share your experiences with others, learn more about your individual communication style and that of others to help you deal with and reduce conflict. You will also have plenty of opportunity to practice the skills in a safe and controlled environment.
By attending this Assertiveness Skills course you will:
- Understand why and when you will need to be assertive
- Be able to identify the characteristics of aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour
- Recognise different situations where you will need to be assertive and apply the necessary skills
- Understand how your body language, language and interactions with others drives different behaviours in them
- Have built confidence in having difficult conversations with others
- Be able to use the skills to influence others effectively to change attitude and improve performance
Here's what we cover in our Assertiveness Skills training course in Poole
What is Assertiveness?
Aggressive and Passive Behaviours
- An introduction to what Assertiveness is and what it means
- Why be assertive?
- Understanding what assertiveness is not
- Looking at gut reactions and controlled reactions
- Understanding the link between these behaviours
- Body language, language and words associated with assertiveness
Assertiveness and Relationships with others
- How to use different assertive skills and behavious and how to adapt them to different situations
- How to demonstrate confident communication
- Using controlled responses and not a gut reaction
Different Ways of Being Assertive
- Understanding where gut reactions and unconscious reactions come from
- Understanding how our reactions can drive aggressive and passive behaviours in others
- Looking at your own style of communication and that of others to understand how to reduce conflict
- Asking for what you need and want with confidence
- Dealing with confrontation and challenges
- Bill of rights – What is this and what does it mean?
- Broken Record
- I statements
- Power Words
- Giving feedback
When you bring this course in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to meet the needs of your team.
Our Assertiveness Skills training course in Poole is accredited by the CPD Standards Office. This demonstrates our commitment to quality and industry best practices and you can be sure that the course you receive has been assessed to ensure it meets its objectives.
This course equates to 5.5 hours of CPD. After completing the course you will receive your CPD certificate and learning path document as record of your attendance.
Download the Course Brochure
Download a copy of our Assertiveness Skills training course brochure below.
Who Delivers Your Assertiveness Skills Training Courses?
Our Assertiveness Skills courses are delivered by our friendly and highly experienced trainers. We live and breathe what we talk about in these sessions as we use most of the tools and techniques ourselves on a daily bases and bring this real-world experience into the session and the examples that we use.
Assertiveness is a way of communicating that allows us to present ourselves and the information we are presenting in a more confident way. The aim is to have others perceive you as demonstrating confidence and therefore having more confidence in you and your ideas.
Will I Feel More Confident After the Course?
It's sometimes assumed that attending an assertiveness skills course will make you feel more confident and have more self-esteem. What the course will actually do us provide you with the tools to achieve better results in situations where you feel you lack confidence. The increase in confidence and self-esteem will come from seeing more positive results in those situations in future.
I Have a Really Tricky Situation That I Need Help With. Will The Course Help With This?
We do try where we can to allow each delegate to talk about individual situations so we can help you to see how the skills course be used in them. The course will not be able to give you what might be describe as professional advice - particularly where those situations are linked to health or have a legal aspect. We will give you the tools to be able to tackle these situations with more confidence.
Do You Have Any Assertiveness Skills Articles I Can Read?
Yes. We have lots of articles about Assertiveness Skills in the Assertiveness Skills section of our blog
In-Person Open Courses
Our assertiveness skills training course is delivered in-person at venues across the UK. We deliver the course in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Reading, Sheffield and Southampton.The cost of our in-person courses includes delegate materials, refreshments throughout the day and lunch.
Open Online Virtual Course
Our Online assertiveness skills course is an interactive live virtual course. The content remains the same but the delivery and approach has been re-imagined for the virtual environment. Our online training courses are delivered by Zoom.
We can also deliver this assertiveness skills training course just for your organisation. We can do this in-person at your office or a location of your choice or as a live virtual training course. We can deliver this via Zoom, Teams, Webex or any other platform that you are currently using and comfortable with.
Here are the most recent reviews that have been left for our Assertiveness Skills Training Course. If you would like to see more detailed reviews then please get in touch and we can pull some data from our course evaluations together for you.
See All Reviews