Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course
Our one day Negotiation and Influencing Skills training course will provide lots of practical tips and strategies for effective negotiations and influencing others.
Our one day Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course will provide lots of tips and ideas to help you effectively negotiate outcomes and influence others to come around to your way of thinking.
Find out how to prepare to negotiate and influence effectively, then use a simple structure to present your ideas in a compelling and engaging way. Learn how to overcome resistance and barriers to your ideas.
Businesses today are always looking for ways to improve their bottom line and individuals looking to save money. An extremely effective way of achieving this is having the ability to Negotiate effectively and influence others.
Negotiation is fast becoming one of the most needed management skills of today’s businesses, and done effectively can save business £1000’s through effective contract negotiations, negotiating with suppliers or negotiating with peers or colleagues.
The idea behind Negotiation is coming to an agreement with another person or a group of people to come to a solution that is suitable for both people. Doing this ‘off the cuff’ can be difficult, preparation is a must and having a process or methodology to follow will also help.
Influencing differs in that it is about bringing people around to your way of thinking. It can be used alongside Negotiation effectively to get to a win win outcome.
This Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course looks at the skills, behaviours and tactics necessary to achieve all of the above.
Those who attend this Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course will:
- Demonstrate an increased understanding and awareness of what negotiation and influencing is
- Identify through group and individual activities the skills knowledge and understanding necessary to be an effective negotiator whilst developing your own negotiating skills
- Understand the skills required to Influence effectively to bring people around to your way of thinking
- Develop general strategies for successful negotiation and influencing
- Produce win-win resolutions for all parties
- Identify your own negotiation and influencing style and its potential strengths and weaknesses
Here’s what we cover in our Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course:
What is Negotiation and Influencing?
- An introduction to what negotiation and influencing is and the main differences between them.
Preparing to Negotiate and Influence
- What to do before you go into a negotiation
- Determining your walk away point
- Understanding the best approach for the people you will be negotiating with
- Preparations required to Influence
Making Your Proposal
- How to structure your proposal to ensure you sell the benefits
- How to counter proposals from the other party
- Body language and tone of voice when negotiating
- How to bring people around to your way of thinking
- Getting to an agreement that satisfies both parties
- Being assertive during the process
- What to consider when making concessions on your part to get an agreement
- How to counteract arguments
- How to get to a closing point
- How to close the negotiation and ensure the relationship stays in tact
- How to walk away
Being a Mediator
- Using the learning from the session to deal with conflict and act as a mediator.
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
Our Negotiation and Influencing Skills course is run as an open course across the UK. The course is fun and interactive with plenty of opportunity to practice the skills from the course.
Here’s our current schedule. To book, click a date below, select the number of delegates, then Add to Booking. Group booking discounts are applied at the next stage.
£249.00 + VAT
£236.55 + VAT
3 + Delegates
£211.65 + VAT
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials, refreshments and lunch.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
We can deliver this Negotiation and Influencing Skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people at your organisation anywhere in the UK.
We can also run this course as a virtual in-house course. This course will be delivered online via web conference. Your team can either connect from the same room or individually from wherever the are based.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Negotiation and Influencing Skills training course delivered, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Trainer had spent time to read our pre-course questionnaire responses and to get to know us at the training to give a tailored experience and ensure that the training met everyones needs. Examples of how to implement training in our specific roles given. Good level of interaction between trainer and attendees and no Powerpoint definitely a plus!
Negotiation and Influencing Skills Course
I was the only attendee due to no show, course would have been more beneficial if role play scenarios could have taken place.
This was my first time of arranging training for a number of employees with Revolution and it certainly won’t be my last! From the first communication to the training and continuing, the service and quality of training received has been exemplary. David is fantastic at communicating and is very helpful with the booking of the training. Lynne’s training was extremely well received, so much so, we are arranging future courses. I would highly recommend Revolution as a training provider.
Negotiation and Influencing Skills
This was an excellent insight into Influencing and Negotiation and has provided me with some new skills and abilities in order to enable me to create a bespoke session for my firm.
Thanks Andrew for a great learning experience.
Negotiation and Influencing Skills
Excellent course, the trainer was brilliant and very engaging and responded well as he identified our specific needs and strengths and weaknesses.